Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got it out..... and put it in a better location !!


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.







preparing to take off ... :)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,789 Posts
I just recently used my 3rd row seat for the first time since I've gotten my XK. My sister and her family came up and we toured DC with 7 people. I am going to keep mine attached. I keep it down other times.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,337 Posts
Same here, my fiance used it two weekends ago to haul her nieces around, that's the only time its ever been used.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,936 Posts
We're always having family visit, and when they do, the 7-passenger seating in the Commander sure makes things easy. So... they'll be staying in mine, too.

I like what you did with yours, though, Ahmed. I did similar with my rear seat out of my old hatchback. Ha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
I really want to take mine out to save some weight and make more room, but I am going to keep it in until I have a chance to build some thing to keep the cargo area flat for camping.:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,578 Posts
That is a very creative use of the back seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do need the third row sometimes,, but not really much,, only two times for the last seven months, and it was when I was back in my home town for a visit.

But I took it out to save some weight in the first place, which is very useful in sand dunes. it is really heavy .. as cico (if I'm not mistaken) weighted it over 100 lbs, thats a lot of weight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4.7, Do you have the rear A/C unit?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
yes i have rear AC. i just put that plastic piece back in to keep the venting covered up.

i'm going to build a storage box back there that can come out when i have to haul the in-laws.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
4.7commander said:
yes i have rear AC. i just put that plastic piece back in to keep the venting covered up.
If you are not willing to put the third row back at all, or at least for long time, then you might think about removing the A/C unit inside to save some weight..... just came to my mind. but I'm not sure how much that A/C unit weights.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
i don't really care about weight. my kids site back there when i carry the in-laws and they like the AC and Heater.

my commander is heavy anyway with all the extra crap i've added.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
I have only used my tird row seat once, and that was last weekend, I had removed it, but it only takes 10 min to install/remove, so I just drop it in when I need it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Ahmed said:
If you are not willing to put the third row back at all, or at least for long time, then you might think about removing the A/C unit inside to save some weight..... just came to my mind. but I'm not sure how much that A/C unit weights.

aww cmon Ahmed its not as if its going to make much difference to the fuel bill. especially at 2c a gallon or whatever it is in Saudi at the moment:D


I keep thinking about removing it then have to take the extended family places and then the 7 seats are just such a good thing.

I think mine will be staying in for the foreseeable future
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
Ahmed said:
4.7, Do you have the rear A/C unit?
I have the rear a/c in mine, but only use it when it's really hot for a quick cool down of the interior. The a/c will stay even if the seats do come out.

BTW- I think your girls love the seats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
drysuitdiver said:
aww cmon Ahmed its not as if its going to make much difference to the fuel bill. especially at 2c a gallon or whatever it is in Saudi at the moment:D


I keep thinking about removing it then have to take the extended family places and then the 7 seats are just such a good thing.

I think mine will be staying in for the foreseeable future
its not for the cost at all... it doesn't make any real difference. less weight makes differences in off-road.. speically in our sand dunes, and speically when descending down a hill, more weight on the back would the vehicle to swing to the sides and possibly rollover.

by the way ,, it not 2 cents a gallon :eek: ,, that would be really awesome, its 45 cents a gallon for 91 octane, but I'm using 95 octane which 60 cents a gallon ,,, just spoiling my Commander ;)

the third row is not out for good... it will be back when needed or plan to need it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BigPoppaJNutZ said:
I have the rear a/c in mine, but only use it when it's really hot for a quick cool down of the interior. The a/c will stay even if the seats do come out.
I do have other plans for the rear A/C after removing the 3rd row .... I will keep it secret till its done ;)


BigPoppaJNutZ said:
BTW- I think your girls love the seats.
They do,,, the funny thing is that they always fasten the belts, although they heat it do so in the car and I have to force them :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Ahmed said:
I do have other plans for the rear A/C after removing the 3rd row .... I will keep it secret till its done ;)

I thought about ducting it to a coolbox to chill soft drinks etc

have I just guessed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
drysuitdiver said:
I thought about ducting it to a coolbox to chill soft drinks etc

have I just guessed
XK owners seem to think in the same way :eek: you are reading my thoughts !!
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top