Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a small leak coming from the front output seal on my NV245 Tcase. i removed the d/s thinking there would be a bolt holding the flange on but much to my surprise (well actually no, nothing stupid surprises me about this commander anymore :headbang:) there isn't, so does anyone know how to remove this flange?

·
Registered
162 Posts
i have a small leak coming from the front output seal on my NV245 Tcase. i removed the d/s thinking there would be a bolt holding the flange on but much to my surprise (well actually no, nothing stupid surprises me about this commander anymore :headbang:) there isn't, so does anyone know how to remove this flange?
These transfer cases are not Dodge/Jeep /Chrysler manufactured, they are made by New Process/New Venture Products. Syracuse NY. They also go into other makes. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_and_Jeep_transmissions. They also get some very good independent reviews as the NV245 is an amazing piece of engineering design.

The rear drive shaft flange is removable via a nut with a big torque setting but the front seal and flange requires the removal and disassembly which is I admit is a pain but once out the TC is really easy to pull apart and replace bearing, seals and cogs etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts