Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I wash my Commander weekly, I always wipe the jams, inside back door, clean under the hood, scrub the tire white lettering and Armorall the tires and sometimes weatherstripping. Am I OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE? What are you OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE about your Commander?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I will not let my wife take the dogs in my XK and I will not let the kids drive it.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
i have to take mine 4 wheeling once a week.

i wash it once or twice a month. i just washed it today, it got its wash for December

i clean out the inside every other week.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
When I wash my Commander weekly, I always wipe the jams, inside back door, clean under the hood, scrub the tire white lettering and Armorall the tires and sometimes weatherstripping. Am I OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE? What are you OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE about your Commander?
No.....None of the above,

You just don't do a half a&&ed job.
I don't think pride in workmanship needs any other name.
I own 8 vehicles not including my motorcycles. All recieve the same effort you apply to yours.

I will admit though, the casual onlooker thinks we're a bit soft. LOL

Rob

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm just the same, I always have been ever since I could afford a car. This is a $50000 vehicle, and I am going to treat it like that.

I get funny looks on the freeway as I don't think people to expect an SUV to be that shiny! The inside hasn't seen a kid and looks brand new!

·
Registered
452 Posts
My list of OCD items LOL:

1. Change oil every 3k miles (after each 6k, 12k, 18k, 24k, etc. oil change, I steam clean the engine bay).
2. Wash the vehicle thoroughly, even scrub entire wheel wells, underneath side skirts, underside the front bumper (mostly missed by many); also door jams, roof rails, moon glasses, tailgate area; scrub entire wheel and rubber tire walls.
3. Scrub/wipe down door panels, dashboard, and center console w/ clean wipes.
4. Set tire pressures to 37lbs every two weeks.

Hmmm, overdoing it you think?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
My list of OCD items LOL:

1. Change oil every 3k miles (after each 6k, 12k, 18k, 24k, etc. oil change, I steam clean the engine bay).
2. Wash the vehicle thoroughly, even scrub entire wheel wells, underneath side skirts, underside the front bumper (mostly missed by many); also door jams, roof rails, moon glasses, tailgate area; scrub entire wheel and rubber tire walls.
3. Scrub/wipe down door panels, dashboard, and center console w/ clean wipes.
4. Set tire pressures to 37lbs every two weeks.

Hmmm, overdoing it you think?
Nope,

Rob

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey, I did all of that myself today....so I don't think it's OCD. :)

Then again, I did it with the outside temp being 28 (a little incentive to work quickly :rofl:) so maybe we both have OCD.

Wifey gets to have all the fun...get's to go romp in the snow. I get to clean up after :icon_razz:

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
i havent washed in 2 months. i havent vacuumed in 2 months or washed the windows. there is a spot on the outside of the passenger window from bird poop that is at least a month old.

I fill up 2x a week and check the oil and have it changed at 6000.

I work 2 jobs and have a tough time sleeping.

The exterior upkeep is not on the top of the list.

·
Registered
59 Posts
No food allowed in car. I vacuum it daily.

Dog only rides in his crate (he's used to this and well enough trained that there's no struggle.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I cant stand when my wife drives the Commander and messes with the seat because i can never get it back to how i like it and it drives me nuts. I think i need another vehicle with a stick so I dont have to worry about her driving it!

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
No food, no drinks for the kids. I still find M&Ms here and there somehow, not sure how they sneak them in there. haha

·
Registered
576 Posts
I cant stand when my wife drives the Commander and messes with the seat because i can never get it back to how i like it and it drives me nuts. I think i need another vehicle with a stick so I dont have to worry about her driving it!
Do you not have the memory seat settings?

I have them and keep forgetting to set them, so when my wife drives the XK, I have the same issue, trying to get the seat back to the 'just right' position!

I really need to take 5 mins out one day and set us both up with the seat memories!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Do you not have the memory seat settings?

I have them and keep forgetting to set them, so when my wife drives the XK, I have the same issue, trying to get the seat back to the 'just right' position!

I really need to take 5 mins out one day and set us both up with the seat memories!
No, unfortunately I dont have the memory seat setting. I wish I did though. She messed with the seat about two weeks ago and as of today I still can't get it back to how I had it. Now every time I drive it my back hurts.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
No, unfortunately I dont have the memory seat setting. I wish I did though...
It doesn't matter whether or not you have it, your wife will still manage to screw up your settings. My wife re-adjusted her settings last week and managed to save over mine. :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Aside from washing it twice a week, I always wipe my ride before using it so I need a lot of preparation time before I go.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts