Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of my road there is a stop sign. A stop sign we have been to a million times. 99% of the time we turn right here. Yesterday was no different, and as I stepped on the accelerater to turn right, the engine power just died, and I noticed that the ESC light lit up on the dash. It was 80 degrees and sunny, so sign of snow or ice around, and certainly no chance of tipping the Jeep doing 1 mph around a corner.

Anyone else? Only time it happened, so I am not sure if it warrants a shop visit.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I would take it to your dealer, if it does occur again at least you'll have it on record. I have not had that happen.

·
Registered
717 Posts
prudemonkey said:
At the end of my road there is a stop sign. A stop sign we have been to a million times. 99% of the time we turn right here. Yesterday was no different, and as I stepped on the accelerater to turn right, the engine power just died, and I noticed that the ESC light lit up on the dash. It was 80 degrees and sunny, so sign of snow or ice around, and certainly no chance of tipping the Jeep doing 1 mph around a corner.

Anyone else? Only time it happened, so I am not sure if it warrants a shop visit.
There is a computer flash available for the premature ESP/TCS engagement...happens to me quite a bit...I'll have it taken care of at my next service

·
Registered
379 Posts
Happened to me one day. The computer must have reset itself. I took it in and they couldn't fine it or a reading form the module.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts