Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, been about a year since my last post, I gave the commander to my ex cause I'm such a nice guy. She returned the favor by giving it back in the middle of the night cause it needed 1300 dollars worth of work done.... Glad I got it back tho :).

Dropped it off at the shop with 197k miles on the dash,
Picked it up today and it's reading 116k miles ( not complaining 馃槃 ) never heard of such a thing, anyone know what's up?

Super Moderator
I haven't got a clue. But if you go to sell or trade it someday and you do not disclose the true mileage and a carfax (or similar) is done and the true mileage is found you could be in trouble.

Super Moderator
81,000 miles is a pretty large descrepancy.

I would be going straight back to the shop that did the work looking for an explanation.

It wouldn't be hard to prove on your end, because every shop I have ever been to, records the mileage when you drop your vehicle off for service on the shop's work order/labor receipt. So as long as you have your receipt, you should have no trouble proving to the shop what the mileage was when you dropped it off.

You may think it's an advantage losing that mileage but it can cause you alot of headaches if you ever tried to sell it, like jeep5253 implied.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, yea I'm well aware of the possible implications and trouble it could cause me down the road, but in all honesty I don't plan on getting rid of it for quite awhile. And I will def without a doubt disclose that info if I do,, I have read a few people with other jeeps have had a similar issue but rather than a decrease like mine all of what I read from those people stated their Odom reading had substantially increased

1 - 5 of 5 Posts