Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the center floor console out today to fix the e-brake that my wife broke and i noticed a factory harness connector that wasn't attached to anything. it was at the rear panel below the vents for the first row. I have the 115vac plug there but what else could be there from the factory? any pics would be great. I want thought it may be for Screens in the head rest but not real sure. My head unit is a 6disc CD/DVD player but I have no screns in the Jeep/ Thought this was a little odd.

·
Super Moderator
14,940 Posts
Post a pic of what you are talking about.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
You'll find unused connectors all over the vehicle for optional equipment that did NOT come with your particular Jeep.

I "seem to remember" that some of the options for Commanders had a video remote or ear phone jacks in that rear panel as well as the AC plug outlet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Post a pic of what you are talking about.
I will pop the panel off and take a pic. The wire colors look like speaker out.

You'll find unused connectors all over the vehicle for optional equipment that did NOT come with your particular Jeep.

I fully understand this and I just want know the options that may have been there for passenger controls.

·
Registered
63 Posts
for 06-07 commanders there would have been a dvd player there and for the 08-10 commanders there were three things that could of gone there 1.being a 110v household power outlet, 2. being rca jacks the yellow,white,red connectors for the video system, and 3. being heated seat switches for the second row. i think the heated rear seats are only 2009 and up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for 06-07 commanders there would have been a dvd player there and for the 08-10 commanders there were three things that could of gone there 1.being a 110v household power outlet, 2. being rca jacks the yellow,white,red connectors for the video system, and 3. being heated seat switches for the second row. i think the heated rear seats are only 2009 and up.
Thats what i was looking for. Thanks I will investigate further and make my own factory options as usual.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone Know what this OEM connector gores to? Pic above. If i remember where I used to host pics I wil try and post just the pic and not the link from my google account.

·
Super Moderator
14,940 Posts
Anyone Know what this OEM connector gores to? Pic above. If i remember where I used to host pics I wil try and post just the pic and not the link from my google account.
Posting pics with a link from your google account does not work. The link is invalid when clicked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts