Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of OEM fog lights for sale. For a 2006 Commander. They have brand new phillips bulbs in them. One has a crack in the center, not thru, just blistered. There $32 at the dealer. Both with bulbs shipped for $25 to any lower 48.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm new so help me out. If I were to purchase, would I be able to use these on my 06? It has no fog light hook up. Would these be useful to me or would I need to buy a kit? Thanks for any help provided. Fogs were one of the few things I wanted to mod immediately, if the price is right.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I'm new so help me out. If I were to purchase, would I be able to use these on my 06? It has no fog light hook up. Would these be useful to me or would I need to buy a kit? Thanks for any help provided. Fogs were one of the few things I wanted to mod immediately, if the price is right.
The fog light kits are available from the dealer and online. The kits include the wiring, lights, and there is a new turn signal stalk which has the fog light switch integrated. Since your XK did not come with fog lights , you need the whole kit. The kit sells for around $200. You then have to take it to the dealer to have the lights activated.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The fog light kits are available from the dealer and online. The kits include the wiring, lights, and there is a new turn signal stalk which has the fog light switch integrated. Since your XK did not come with fog lights , you need the whole kit. The kit sells for around $200. You then have to take it to the dealer to have the lights activated.
What wiring would you need? I have an '06 also and no fogs. I looked behind the bumper where the fogs mount up and there are plugs right there. If you buy the lights and stalk switch, then just plug them in and visit the dealer, would you still need this wiring harness?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All you need to do is get the connector for the H10 and then ground it, then put a switch inside the car and run 12 volts to the connector. 30vs 200 fix.

·
Registered
809 Posts
All you need to do is get the connector for the H10 and then ground it, then put a switch inside the car and run 12 volts to the connector. 30vs 200 fix.
Plus you could run them with your high-beams.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Plus you could run them with your high-beams.
Wouldn't the highbeams wash them out?

RipTheSix- Do you have pics of the crack, maybe a close up shot?

30 bucks is a great price for these.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm really interested in these. So you're saying there's a way to run them without the new stalk? I'd like for them to come on when I turn on my lights.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SOLD- Sorry IamJeep

But for reference, what I was saying, is to avoid the Dealer "STEALER" you could go to an auto parts store, buy 2 h10 connectors, and run the ground to ground on each of the fog lights, and then run a 12 to a switch in the vehicle and then run the 12 volt to each connector, but you would not have the dash light that works, and they would be able to be always on, you would have to remember to turn them off.

·
Registered
542 Posts
No problem bro, glad to see them sold. :eek:rangehat:

All you need is 1 or 2 12v relays and you can have the fogs work off of just a switch or off of the headlights. I wouldn't want to run off the headlights all the time so I'll wire it up to both.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.