Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a few hours but got it done. The longest part was routing the harness from the rear to the front, but it wasn't too bad.

The harness disappears under the hood, no use for pics there.

Just snapped a couple after the cut and after install.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Nice job, that was a fun mod to do.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I bought the wiring kit several months ago but havent gotten around
to installing it yet. When I can bend my knee again, I will try to install it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not "hard" but it is time consuming. That was the longest part of the job. From the rear of the truck you go from the drivers side tail lamp, across the top part of the spare to the pass side. Over the exhaust, cross back over to the drivers side above the t-case, and snake it up between the drivers side exhaust by the inner fender, behind the master cylinder, I tucked it down into the fender, and to the fuse box/battery. The hardest part was fishing the blue wire into the cab area, and it wasn't that bad, but you'll want a fish tape to do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the wife took it to the dealer on her way home from work and got the ECU flashed. Now I just need to button up the boat to get it ready for a river run over in Illinois for the weekend and we'll be towing with the Commander this weekend. :D

·
Registered
954 Posts
The hardest part was fishing the blue wire into the cab area, and it wasn't that bad, but you'll want a fish tape to do it.
I actually left mine in a nice little taped up bundle in a corner of the engine compartment, right in front of the driver. I know I would never need a E-brake controller since my XK is only a V6 and I shouldn't be towning anything heavier than 3,500 lbs so I didn't bother to stick it in the cab. Although maybe I should've when I ran my wiring for my PIAA aux lights just so it's inside, hmm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts