Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have OEM 17" with Michelin 245.65.17 on them. OEM wheels are peeling and look terrible.
Want to put Black Ultra Vagabond 18 x 9 rims with Michelin 245.60.18 on Jeep Commander.

Question is, will they fit without modification or do I need to stay with the current 17" rims?

Not interested in lifting or adding spacers, as I don't know anything about that. Thanks for any help you can give a novice?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have OEM 17" with Michelin 245.65.17 on them. OEM wheels are peeling and look terrible.
Want to put Black Ultra Vagabond 18 x 9 rims with Michelin 245.60.18 on Jeep Commander.

Question is, will they fit without modification or do I need to stay with the current 17" rims?

Not interested in lifting or adding spacers, as I don't know anything about that. Thanks for any help you can give a novice?
Honestly I think you should be fine. It's extremely close to OEM width and height. I would just check the backspacing and make sure that jives. Then again there's always plastidip or powder coat for the factory wheels, that's what I have on mine, looks great.

Tire size comparison: https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=245-60r18-245-65r17

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think you might have problems with 245's on a 9" wide rim. I would ask a tire guy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
245 is somewhat narrow for a 9" wheel, they can probably be mounted up fine, but your tire guy will probably need to use a Cheetah/Cheater tank to set the beads.

I run 9" wide wheels on my Commander and I feel like they make 265s look kinda narrow. I'd have no problem running 285s on the 9" wheels if I had the clearance height wise to match what I'd need for a 285/70.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts