Jeep Commander Forum banner

Off Road Commander Concept

24K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  BIGMEL 
#1 ·

Partnered with Superlift Suspensions, American Expedition Vehicles and supported with donations from Mopar and ARB 4x4. Base vehicle is 2006 Commander Limited with 5.7 L HEMI and Quadratrac II 4wd. Prototype 4.5-inches suspension lift allows the Off Road Commander to be fitted with massive 35-12.50 x 17 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires. The tires are covered with custom fabricated wheel flares and a heavy guage steel rock rail. Mopar accessories: front brush guard, roof mounted aluminum cargo basket, prototype tail lamp guards.

Source: Autoblog

See less See more
#3 ·
I took my Commander 4x4 on a brush road for 1/2 mile. When I was finished a vine had wrapped around the drive train behind the back u-joint. Now the car sounds like I am driving with a flat tire. Where is the clearance??? Seems like you have things figured out. How does this thing handle with the 4 inch rise?

#7 ·
#11 ·
I saw that thing with a few others like it at Camp Jeep a few years ago, serious clearance and serious mods inside and out.

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
cico7 said:
Here is another thread relating to rails.....and big tires!

Dude, don’t we have enough with the newer threads?:confused: That you have to go bringing all this really old ones up, you are starting to look like someone else I know that likes to comment on everything… Especially when he doesn’t have anything to say…:rolleyes:

#13 · (Edited)
ROMEO said:
Dude, don’t we have enough with the newer threads?:confused: That you have to go bringing all this really old ones up, you are starting to look like someone else I know that likes to comment on everything… Especially when he doesn’t have anything to say…:rolleyes:
I know who you are talking about.;) Seems like when he logs in he has to hit every recent thread with some type of comment just for the heck of it.

#14 ·
The roof rack looks like the OEM Mopar one just with the front plastic piece taken off and some lights mounted to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.