Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you mounting your off-road lighting?

Seen a couple folks with bumpers and roof rack mounts, but wanted to bring the ideas together in one post.

I have a couple Rigid D2 Diffused (awesome wide coverage lamps) and a Rigid SR 20" bar that came off my JKR. Need to find a place to put them on the XK.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I mounted mine on a 4xGuard Matrix grill guard on my old XK. I remember seeing other ideas out there on mounting them on the roof near the front, others have mounted them on the roof rack cross bars, and some have mounted them directly to the front bumper. That's about as much as I remember seeing as ideas. I haven't checked your link that you posted but I assume they're probably there too.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ended up just drilling into the roof rack and mounting them there. Works quite well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey man, I had the same question before I installed. I wish the commander had the same options as wrangler with light bars but I couldn't find any. I installed a straight 50" dual led bar by drilling the top about 2.5" above the windshield into the top frame and ran the electrical down the drivers side windshield. There's actually perfect space for the cord, I just ran some black caulk down the cord to seal it and hold it in place and it worked great. I'm about to do the same thing for the rack lights down the other side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts