Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I travel to my moms and uncles every now and again, and the roads are extremely dark and infested with deer. Therefore, I really would like to get a set of Off Road lights to see more around me.

I will be installing them myself but I wanted some suggestions of XK owners who have installed them on which brand and Wattage is best? and the price range spent..

Thanks in advance for any help

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
That's a tough question to answer. If you have the bucks purchase the Rigid LED lights, a lot will go into where you want to install tehm and then pick a light that fits that location.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a brush guard on the XK now that has a spot to point them. I plan to install them here and run the wiring and have the switch under the dash near that pocket cutout for items.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a really nice pair of KC lights 130W each. I wonder if I am able to wire them to turn on w/ my high beams...instead of running a switch through the dash.

Has anyone had experience with doing this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, if you want them on the bumper, get a set of Hella 500 or 700 series lights... yes you coudl trigger them using the provided relay using the highbeam wire, its not a big deal. The relay will be easy to set up doing that, though runnining a wire inside and out isn't a big deal either.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your reply! I ended up buying a set of 100W KC lights w/ the grills. I found a great deal and I couldn't pass it up. I am just going to wire a switch on the dash near the drivers side little compartment instead of linking it to the high beams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts