Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the kids in school, we had some time this morning to get out in to the Blue Mountains for some Geocaching (my excuse to find the most out-of-the-way roads and see where they go).

Up high on the mountain (high for Montana, not for Colorado), the weather quickly turned from Fall to Winter.

Here are some pics...

Bottom of the mountain...

To snow...

Beginning the off road...

Top of the mountain...

It doesn't look like much because it really isn't. We ran down some powerline roads and while the scenery was beautiful, we never needed 4LOW for anything. On one steep part coming down we slipped once, but quickly caught traction again and was all good.

Video to follow once I get it all together.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more pics...

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, one more...

The only thing that stops the Jeep...

A Forest Service Gate.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice pics. I sure hope we can get some good snow this year. We haven't had a good storm in several years.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TWO! We found two! Not very many, but we planted two also. We've wiped out most of the caches in the Missoula area, so now they are getting harder and harder to find. The main one we went looking for we DIDN'T find (after a 3-mile one-way walk) and we aren't even sure why - could be bad coords (it was a Puzzle cache after all) or it could be the inch of snow that covered ground zero.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice pics PolarBZ. I was looking at the map earlier and figured that you live about 7-8 hours away from me. We should meet up and do some trails sometime. Maybe meet half way. Just an idea.....

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
great pics polarBZ. i've been hoping for snow the last 30 yrs now.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice pics PolarBZ. I was looking at the map earlier and figured that you live about 7-8 hours away from me. We should meet up and do some trails sometime. Maybe meet half way. Just an idea.....
I'm heading up to Glacier National Park next summer. Is that close to halfway? Now I guess I need to go check the map!

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
807 Posts
Sweet video! Looks like you found out how cool and easy it is to use Windows media maker. I used it for all my video slide shows. Now if you just go in and add some cool background music and turn down the actual back ground sound from the camera's sound track, you will have short masterpiece!
Looks like you had fun!!!

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, I do know how to use the background music and all that for the movie maker, but I always forget about it because I run "silent" on my computer (too much noise on the net!) and don't think to add the music in when I put something together. I need better footage for a masterpiece anyway! Thanks for the advice!

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
cool pictures. that side of Montana is pretty low in elevation.

when we went through Glacier in September and got to the highest point on the road we laughed. we were at 6500 feet. We live at 5000 ft. in the mountians around here we are usually 9000+ feet up.

i'll see if we can find some snow tomorrow. i'll dress the wife in a parka so she can shoot some video!

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We laugh at the elevation every day. In Colorado our house was at 6k and all the trails in the mountains at least 8k. Pikes Peak was 14k and the offroading on Sante Fe was 13+. =)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts