Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas...
having a hard time figuring this whole offset thing and a wheel that actually FITS a Commander w/ the correct offset and bolt patterns....

Would this fit?

22 x 9" +35mm 5x127

I know the most common is 22 x 9.5 w/ a 40mm offset, but there is like maybe 3 brands of wheels that actually make that, LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Hey fellas...
having a hard time figuring this whole offset thing and a wheel that actually FITS a Commander w/ the correct offset and bolt patterns....

Would this fit?

22 x 9" +35mm 5x127

I know the most common is 22 x 9.5 w/ a 40mm offset, but there is like maybe 3 brands of wheels that actually make that, LOL.

A 22 x 9 wheel with +35mm offest is going to be equivalent to 6.4 inches of back spacing. The stock wheels on the Jeep Commander have 6 inches of back spacing. So basically that particular wheel will bring everything .4 inches closer to the ball joint bolt. Before I can tell you this wheel will definately work or not I need to know what size tire you plan on running.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't bought the tires yet, so was probably gonna go with a 275/45 Eagle GTII with these rimms.

The other option I have is to get that same wheel in a 20 x 8.5" which has 35mm offset as well (if that would fit better), although I would probably prefer to with the 22's for my street driving. (I will be buying a set off Off Road tires to swap out onto my 17" stock rimms and have the tire shop throw those on for the once or twice a year I take it off road)

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Haven't bought the tires yet, so was probably gonna go with a 275/45 Eagle GTII with these rimms.

The other option I have is to get that same wheel in a 20 x 8.5" which has 35mm offset as well (if that would fit better), although I would probably prefer to with the 22's for my street driving. (I will be buying a set off Off Road tires to swap out onto my 17" stock rimms and have the tire shop throw those on for the once or twice a year I take it off road)
Do you have a lift on your XK or do you plan on installing one in the future?

A 275/45R22 is equivalent to 31.7 inches tall and 10.8 inches wide. There is no way that tire would clear on the commander without a lift. Even if you had a lift they wouldnt work with those particular wheels. The wheels will sit in .4 inches further then stock and with that large of a tire you would definately hit the ball joint bolt. You would need to find a wheel with less offset and a smaller diameter tire too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help 07Jeep!!

I do not have a lift and probably wont be getting one...

So that into consideration....I have decided to go with the 20" model that is:
20 x 8.5" (They have that in a 5x127 35mm or 5x127 20mm)
What size tire should I get with that then, and any particular brands you recommend?? (the wheel guy was gonna throw new Eagle II 's on there for cheap)
* I live in AZ, so see NO snow and do all Pavement driving

Going to buy this all tomorrow, so thanks for your help man!!!

FALC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts