Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I wonder how hard it would be to add on?

·
Administrator
15,241 Posts
From the description of how it works I don't like it. How did we ever survive without all this electonic s**t ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
bob123 said:
For all of you 2008 Jeep owners, has this system been really working by your driving styles? (Not by how many miles that you have driven.) This system seems like it will save time, money, and oil resources. Any opinions about this new feature?

I wish my 2006 had this.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_oil_indicator.htm

Well, I bought my 08 just over 2 months ago, it had 67 miles on it, and I have been enjoying my new toy, I now have of 2500 miles on it, The oil change light came on right around 2500 miles, under the usual 3000 mile mark, I went in for an oil change and the light is still on, (I'll follow the reset instructions and the bottom of your link). I remember someone posting something about the Commanders drive system adjusting to your driving style, and it does, I have pretty good acceleration and MPG with my 3.7, no mods yet, but I'll let you know what happends once I reset the system, and the next time the oil change indicator come on, hopefully aroung the 6000 mile mark. ALSO, MOPAR OIL IS CRAP, CASRTOL GTX is the $h(*, I actually got my first oil change yesturday and the Castrol made an immidiate difference once I drove off the lot, around 10000 miles I'll probably switch to Mobile 1 synthetic and Slick 50, but its Castrol from here on out.:D

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
i've used castrol regular and synthetic for years in my vehicles. i really like it. i think next time i change oil i'm switching to mobile one in our jeep. its mostly going to see city driving now on. so i won't be putting 2000 mile on it a month anymore. i'll be hitting the 30K mark in one mile!

·
Registered
130 Posts
bob123 said:
For all of you 2008 Jeep owners, has this system been really working by your driving styles? (Not by how many miles that you have driven.) This system seems like it will save time, money, and oil resources. Any opinions about this new feature?

I wish my 2006 had this.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_oil_indicator.htm
The "Oil Change Required" reset instructions found in the link work the first time I tried. So more than likely if I get another oil change indicator come on way before my next 3,000 miles, I'll probably reset it again and wait it out til I hit the next 3000 mile mark. :D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
jeep5253 said:
From the description of how it works I don't like it. How did we ever survive without all this electonic s**t ?
I have to agree, it really does nothing you can't do yourself if you pay attention. Another gimmick to get you into the service bay. I would be more impressed with something that examines the oil itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts