Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Sport here

Does anyone know how to reset the oil change notification that shows up?

Also how does it know when you need a oil change? My 2000 JGC has a 3,000 mile countdown. Does the Commander have something like that?

Thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I got a question, that I don't think anyone knows, if you clear the DTC's from your PCM or reset your PCM by disconnecting the battery, do you reset the oil change tracking?

There are things stored in non-volatile memory, that do NOT get dumped, even if you disconnect power, stuff like the VIN and mileage, and mileage is a figure constantly being updated.

When you clear DTC's, even keeping power on the PCM, you reset all the emissions monitoring and tests, they have no data stored for them and must be all redone.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I recently changed my battery and it did Not reset my service interval countdown.

I would venture to say that the designers were smart enough to not have it affected by disconnecting the battery..... especially since the first step in most service procedures is to disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I recently changed my battery and it did Not reset my service interval countdown.

I would venture to say that the designers were smart enough to not have it affected by disconnecting the battery..... especially since the first step in most service procedures is to disconnect the battery.
I would agree, that makes the most sense, BUT, how do you know it did NOT reset the service interval countdown? The "Oil Change Required" message popped up pretty much when you were expecting??

I was just bragging about my AutoEnginuity Scan Tool in another thread, I should hook it up and see if I can find fields for the service interval coundown. That is one drawback, the documentation is lacking for the AutoEnginuity "Enhanced Packages".

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
My EVIC tells me how many miles left until service is due and it didn't reset.

Also, my GM uses an OLM that isn't based on mileage... like the newer Chrysler system it takes into account other parameters. That vehicle gave me an oil life percentage.... after disconnecting the battery it did not reset either.

I'm pretty sure that its standard procedure to have the service intervals not affected by disconnecting the battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts