Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 3.7 2wd

Once you have done the oil change, how do you reset the "Oil Change Required" message?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
The procedure is in the owner's manual, if you don't have one, you can download a .pdf copy from the Jeep website for free.

If you did the procedure correctly, the EVIC will read out a message saying the Oil Change Reminder is RESET.

You can only reset it after the reminder has been turned ON, if you change the oil before the reminder comes on, you can NOT reset it till it turns on again. Thus you can NOT sync up the reminder with your oil changes, you can only alter your oil change schedule to sync up your oil changes to the Reminder light.

I "believe" the earlier Commander's the Oil Change Reminder simply went off every 7k miles. The later Commanders its based on an alogirythm of several different conditions and engine usage, to go off later or earlier depending on how and what conditions you've been using the motor and its oil.

My 2010 3.7L 4WD Commander, that most of the driving is very short trips, with a few very long highway trips inbetween oil changes, the reminder goes off close to 7k miles every time so far, +/- a couple hundred miles.

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts
I "believe" the earlier Commander's the Oil Change Reminder simply went off every 7k miles.
On the '06 and '07 models you can select your own service reminder in the EVIC. You can choose an interval between 2,000 miles and 6,000 miles in 500 mile increments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts