Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought some oil filters online for my 2008 5.7 Limited Hemi Engine. The part number is 5281090. I started reading some post regarding the thread change of these filters. I see that they are either 3/4 inch or 22mm threads. I got under my XK and looked at the Mopar filter and saw the numbers 053027. Now I'm concerned and don't know if I have the correct filter. I tried to cross reference this number 053027 but found nothing. I order my parts online and want to know what the heck is the correct part#. Help!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I bought some oil filters online for my 2008 5.7 Limited Hemi Engine. The part number is 5281090. I started reading some post regarding the thread change of these filters. I see that they are either 3/4 inch or 22mm threads. I got under my XK and looked at the Mopar filter and saw the numbers 053027. Now I'm concerned and don't know if I have the correct filter. I tried to cross reference this number 053027 but found nothing. I order my parts online and want to know what the heck is the correct part#. Help!
You should be alright:

http://www.jeepworld.com/parts/oilfilters.htm

I didn't come up w/anything for the "053027" filter, sure you read the entire number?

·
Registered
338 Posts
3/4" is 19mm... so that will make for a visually noticeable 3mm difference if you take the old off and compare it with the new before installation. You can always put the old filter back on if there is any discrepancy.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I didn't come up w/anything for the "053027" filter, sure you read the entire number?
Yea, there can be several numbers printed on an oil filter, NOT all of them are part numbers, they can be some sort of code for production or tracking, sku's etc.

That is NOT a part number 69647 oil filter above, is it?

As well, are you positive its even a Mopar Filter?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yeah best guess is that the number you got from the filter on your vehicle is either the wrong number, or a non-MOPAR part number. The part you purchased is the correct one. As far as I know Walmart sells the MOPAR filter as well.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Like thance said. Just visually check the threads when you do your next oil change. If there not the right ones send them back if possible. What brand filters are they?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts