Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RIVERSIDE CA.I bought a new Commander and the next day I saw that my driveway had oil stains. I realized that it was leaking engine oil. The day that I bought the car I noticed a small amount of smoke coming from under the hood, but the dealer personel told me it was normal since new cars were lubricated to avoid corrosion( I took their word for it, bad move! ). I took it back to the dealer and It was diagnosed with a cracked valve cover which had to be replaced. The day I bought it, the vehicle was parked behind the service department with 5 miles which makes me think that the dealer had knowledge of the problem and did not disclose it to me. I went back to the dealer yesterday but ended up leaving the vehicle there since the service department didn't even bother to clean up the oil stains in the undercarriage even after I had requested it at least to 3 different people. They also stained the carpet and mats with grease and the hood insulation was torn. This is supposibly a 5 star dealership. You would think that after the inconvenience of a deffective new vehicle, the least hey could do is make sure that the oil stains were removed and my carpet cleaned after servicing. RIVERSIDE, CA.

·
Registered
157 Posts
dont take it back off the lot until you are completely satisfied. remember they are a five star dealership in a few days you will recieve a survey to evaluate your buying expierence. if they do not get good ratings they do not get bonused. Let them know that you will not take the jeep until it is in new condition. If there is any problems call the 800 #(diamler chrysler) to let them know whats going on. After buying an amazing vehicle like the jeep commander (not car) you should be completly happy when you leave the dealer. good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts