Jeep Commander Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
ah...dummy light yes but no messages unless you trigger the dtc code via key switch, right?
I believe that's correct - or if you read your DTC's with a scanner like the Superchip's flashpaq or some other OBD-II Scanning device/software.
Not true, was coming back from dropping wife at airport, got a message and maybe a tone alerting me to an oil pressure problem. Pulled into a parts store. I checked oil level all was well. Turned out to be a bad oil senor.
I was going to agree with Blue as that's all I've ever seen, but after Creek's experience it sounds like we have many opportunities to be well informed about a pressure switch issue...as an actual oil pump issue is much less likely :lol:
The low oil pressure idiot light is only triggered around 1psi or less of pressure, so that's already dangerously low if there is a real oil pressure issue...

I do know the Hemi's will throw a code for wrong oil viscosity, and it has various oil pressure codes in relation to MDS activation (ie: oil pressure too low to activate MDS for a period of 5 minutes :icon_rolleyes:). Not all of them trigger any lights, though.

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
Not true, was coming back from dropping wife at airport, got a message and maybe a tone alerting me to an oil pressure problem. Pulled into a parts store. I checked oil level all was well. Turned out to be a bad oil senor.
Good information, thanks for sharing.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts