Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just discussing the differences in Flex fuel and regular gas with HueyPilot. I then saw a commercial for the new Jeep $2.99 gas deal. I know there are some new owners/member on this site and I just wanted to know the details of this deal. What are the benefits/ drawbacks to it? If you have it are you happy?

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
adamag25 said:
I just wanted to know the details of this deal.
http://www.jeep.com/en/refuel/

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Buy a new Chrysler, and get to purchase Gas on a credit card that reduces the fuel cost to 2.99 upon billing. They calculate 12k miles worth of usage based upon your vehicles MPG, that's all you can buy per year at the reduced rate. That's it in a nutshell. Oh, that and you lose some of the buyer incentives to get the gas card. (From 4500 down to 2500 in the case of a new 07 Magnum which I just bought today).

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I've got gas!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That doesn't seem like a great deal. Have you ever calculated how much you save or lose from it? I know for me I drive more than 12K per year.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
adamag25 said:
That doesn't seem like a great deal. Have you ever calculated how much you save or lose from it? I know for me I drive more than 12K per year.
You can only guess the future savings since nobody knows how much the price of gas will be down the road. If gas drops down to $2.99/gallon, then you obivously won't save anything. But if gas continues to rise well above $4.00/gallon, you will save a considerable amount of money under this program, especially if you drive 12K miles per year.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Red, did you get rid of the XK?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
No he said that he still has the XK.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
CrzCajun said:
I've got gas!!!!!

LOL! Thats funny!

I think if the gas continues to go up in price, which "they" say it will be, it would be a great deal. Too bad it's got a limit.:( I know I put on way more miles than what they allow for.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
The amout you save can vary by where you live as well. In AZ gas was $4.11 this morning when I filled up, but yesterday in Pasadena CA I paid $4.47 per gallon.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I'm heading to Connecticut this weekend. Usually some of the highest prices around too. I do get a nice break at BJ's Club. It's usually a lot cheaper. The cheapest I know of where I am now is about $4.05/7 but NJ and DE have it even cheaper. Almost worth the drive to fill up.

If I didn't still owe a bunch of money on my Commander, I would probably trade in for a new one and get the card myself.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I had Taco Bell for lunch, does that count? :D

Same here about owing money, but I'd rather wait for the '09 models and get an Overland with HIDs and other toys, then keep it a long time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts