Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm 18 and this is the first car I've bought with my own money. This thread will contain all of the mods that i do to my XK over the next few years. Thanks for viewing!

Bout to leave the dealer:
IMG-20120114-00303.jpg

1st Mod: Full Interior LEDS

IMAG0017.jpg IMAG0018.jpg IMAG0019.jpg

MORE TO COME WHEN I GET THE MONEY!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good job! do you have plans?
Absolutely! Im going to do a Sport to Limited look, and I'm still debating on whether i want to just get a superlift, or get the RRO lift and a motorcycle also... Decisions decisions!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its been a WHILE since I lat updated My Garage thread.. so here we go!

Audio: See signature for the following. :p
IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New tires! 285/70/17 Nito Terra's on RC 2" lift. Mine as well show the the SAL-XK front bumper mod too!

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got some LED Tailights and tinted them, also some VVME 8k lows! I know, i need to tint the 3rd brakelight lol.

IMG_0205.jpg

426009_3036630868712_1506974574_n.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is my Gibson Exhaust paired with my K&N cai. I have the superchip too, but i didnt get a picture of it.

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the past few days I've been doing a LOT of painting... Got some Dupli-Color black trim paint, and some wheel paint, and some krylon plastic paint. I repainted ALL moldings, just gotta do my mirrors and roof rails. Also painted my grille black. Also painted my wheels, i think it came out pretty dang good. whatcha guys think?

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some more wheel and molding pics... I also removed my rain deflectors.

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

Also got my Yakima Loadwarrior with locking brackets!

IMG_0211.jpg

555927_3760649448724_520995022_n.jpg

·
Registered
953 Posts
Wow, you've been busy! I like the painted wheels!

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
You have got a lot of hard work in her. She's looking good ! Bet she sounds good inside and outside .....

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone! And Core, yes i have rubbing in the right passenger side when im reversing to the right. Only because of the AC lines. On the driver side I have about a full inch of clearance at full lock. And the wheels took me from about 11am to about 10:30pm with about a 3 hour break lol. Taping and sanding was the biggest pain in the butt.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah I rub on the wheel well at full lock w/ my DuraTracs but its not too bad. I plan to do the Pinch Weld Mod.

lol wow that's a good bit of time. They came out very nice though and probably cheap. I don't want to fork out the $$$ for expensive rims so I am trying to find an alternative.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I rub on the wheel well at full lock w/ my DuraTracs but its not too bad. I plan to do the Pinch Weld Mod.

lol wow that's a good bit of time. They came out very nice though and probably cheap. I don't want to fork out the $$$ for expensive rims so I am trying to find an alternative.
When I delete the rear AC lines I wont have anymore rubbing! I'm about to order the superlift and OME front struts and springs and combine them! Hopefullly I'll be able to fit 36's maybe even 37's.

I will be asking my parents for some new rims for Christmas lol.

·
Registered
370 Posts
When I delete the rear AC lines I wont have anymore rubbing! I'm about to order the superlift and OME front struts and springs and combine them! Hopefullly I'll be able to fit 36's maybe even 37's.

I will be asking my parents for some new rims for Christmas lol.
I am pretty sure the superift is still on backorder for the XK's? not sure but I'd look into it before you order; you may be waiting a while :(

Yeah I need to find a sweet deal on rims towards the fall/winter. Black rims really make it look much nicer but I dont want to spend $800+ on a set. I could get another set of Duratracs for that $$ :icon_mad:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am pretty sure the superift is still on backorder for the XK's? not sure but I'd look into it before you order; you may be waiting a while :(

Yeah I need to find a sweet deal on rims towards the fall/winter. Black rims really make it look much nicer but I dont want to spend $800+ on a set. I could get another set of Duratracs for that $$ :icon_mad:
Yeah, I read about that! It sucks, but when I say soon, I meant within the next 6 months lol.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah lol I know what ya mean. Your XK is looking great though and will look even more awesome w/ 37's and a superlift lol

Do you intend to wheel?
Not at all! Not with a daily driver lol. I surf and campout a lot so it will see the beach and maybe a little dirt, but thats it. I got 4wheelers for that lol.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Not at all! Not with a daily driver lol. I surf and campout a lot so it will see the beach and maybe a little dirt, but thats it. I got 4wheelers for that lol.
I am going wheeling for my first time next weekend so I am pretty excited. I don't ever plan to push it too far because its my DD as well; but a lifted XK w/ tires can definitely run through the easy trails it seems like lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts