Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new here, so I don't know exactly what is correct and what isn't. So, excuse me. I'm new owner Jeep Commander 3.0CRD 2007, today I offered OME set up MD,with about 55mm front and 50mm rear lift. I would like to buy new tires 265/65r18 BFGoodrich Ko2,TA. My question is, would I be good with these tires? I don't want to make any other corrections with pinch weld and so on. Thank you for your answers. Radim

·
Registered
338 Posts
I run 265/70R17 with OME HD + extras and had rubbing before pinchweld mod, it was minor on sharp turns with flexing and such... more noticable in wet conditions, but still was there. You will likely have rubbing at extremes, but it will look good!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
the OME MD setup will be less of a lift then the OME HD especially with a CRD BTW. You may have more rub then some people. I would recommend the HD springs with the CRD if you are really against the pinchweld mod. I have done the pinchweld mod its easy and no one would know about it if you do it well.

What wheels do you plan to run? That will also effect how likely you are to rub. 265 on stock rims will be very close to touching the UCA ball joint bolt, however much little offset (aftermarket rims or spacers) will make it more likely to rub on the pinchwelds.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm currently on the OME HD with 265/70R18 tires on wheels with around 5" of backspacing, so around 1" more than stock. I have major rubbing even after the pinch weld mod. If you're looking to go to a 265 without any wheel spacers, you may have rubbing on the upper ball joint as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello guys, thanks for your advices. I have already done spacers 38mm-1,5". I'm thinking about BFGOODRICH KO2 T/A. But, I think I'll go to 265/60r18 for sure. HD springs I don't need, coz I'll use car no loaded. I'll run alone most time without others equipment.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I'm currently on the OME HD with 265/70R18 tires on wheels with around 5" of backspacing, so around 1" more than stock. I have major rubbing even after the pinch weld mod. If you're looking to go to a 265 without any wheel spacers, you may have rubbing on the upper ball joint as well.
265 *70* r18 is 1" taller then a 265 *65* r18

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Hello guys, thanks for your advices. I have already done spacers 38mm-1,5". I'm thinking about BFGOODRICH KO2 T/A. But, I think I'll go to 265/60r18 for sure. HD springs I don't need, coz I'll use car no loaded. I'll run alone most time without others equipment.
1.5" spacer with the stock wheels is a good middle ground. a 265/65r18 is only a ~31.5" tire

265/60r18 is a 30.5" tall tire that should darn near fit on a stock XK

stock tires are in the 29" range.

I think that the 265/65r18 would work well for you.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Hey Lucky, how you got this screen to the message?
the embedded pictures?

This website provides "forum embed codes" they look like this

[ url=https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=265-60r18-265-65r18][i mg]https://www.tacomaworld.com/data/tirecalc/imagestats/265x60xR18-265x65xR18.png[/img ][/url ]

without the spaces

you can embed any img if you put [ img ] [ /img ] around the address

if you quote my posts you can see all the hidden code

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I tried it three times, and without success. I don't have permission yet maybe or what. Idk.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Thanks, I tried it three times, and without success. I don't have permission yet maybe or what. Idk.
Oh you only have 5 posts. There are some things that require a minimum post count on this forum. That must be one of them. It is to combat spam accounts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts