Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished compiling a write-up on OldMacdonald's OME lift kit install we did at my house. If anyone would like a copy of the PDF, send me an email, and I'll send you the 3.1MB file. It is very extensive, and has 18 total pictures from start to finish(I may be adding more pics if Josh feels it is necessary).

Please let me know if there are any typo's, misspellings, or wrong term usage. I'll fix it and update it.

my email address is [email protected]

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Well done,,, certainly I want to get the PDF file.

I also suggest you open a thread and post the pics and comments and we all can discuss and share ideas.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahmed said:
I also suggest you open a thread and post the pics and comments and we all can discuss and share ideas.
Unfortunately, the file size is too big for the site. A49erFan has the file, and is looking to see if there can be an exception made.

I might be able to put the file on another website and post a link to it. Does anyone know of a site that will do that for free?

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
Why can't you just start a thread? You can post 4 or 5 pics to a post with instructions -- do this in each post until you are done.

·
2,248 Posts
AJ, that is how I posted all the picture in that one thread on the rear storage compartment. Just use Photobucket and use the IMG links and only post a few pictures per post. It works fine and you can load large picture files.

By the way, this weekend a couple of fellows are putting in a new clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, Steel Flywheel, and generally going over the entire race car. Also putting in new bosch platinum plugs, cleaning injectors, changing fluids, checking U-joints, and doing a tune up. Also dumping all the gas and getting new fresh gas. This should get Jon into the low 14's or high 13's. Might even make him wear a helmet, if his head is not too big.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
AJGuy84 said:
Unfortunately, the file size is too big for the site. A49erFan has the file, and is looking to see if there can be an exception made.

I might be able to put the file on another website and post a link to it. Does anyone know of a site that will do that for free?
you can post it at cwbbs.net. send me the file...........i am sending you a pm

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
Fantastic Job, You and Josh deserve a big pat on the back for this one. Thanks for taking the time to take all the pictures and put this together.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Awesome Write Up

Great Write Up AJ!! Thanks

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Great job AJ and OldMac!!!! That's what I love about this forum. People are willing to help and pass on info.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Very nice write up! Thanks so much for the effort!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Awesome write up, thanks for sharing. Now I'm thinking about doing this instead of the 4" for simplicity and the fact that I have a trail rig for tougher stuff. Eitehr way I'm going to replace all my bushings in the front with poly when I do the work, getting a lot of front end clunking these days and I'm tired of that.

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
Most excellent "how to" write-up !!! Thank you !

·
2,248 Posts
Great job and good pictures. I guess that this makes you two the technical commitee of the Arizona Chapter of the Grand Knights of the Jeep Commander Forum. Now if we could just get Jon to let you guys take your turns with the race car on race night

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jeep5253 said:
Most excellent "how to" write-up !!! Thank you !
Thanks, jeep5253! That means a lot coming from you!

Thanks for all the other compliments too! Now USE IT and GET THOSE LIFTS ON!

·
Registered
228 Posts
for the one time i've taken it out driving... it was as smooth as butter!! and ground clearence was awesome!! (compared to stock).

1 - 20 of 63 Posts