Jeep Commander Forum banner

OME 2" Lift Install Write Up and Pictures

41K views 65 replies 38 participants last post by  MerkYuri 
#1 ·
I just finished compiling a write-up on OldMacdonald's OME lift kit install we did at my house. If anyone would like a copy of the PDF, send me an email, and I'll send you the 3.1MB file. It is very extensive, and has 18 total pictures from start to finish(I may be adding more pics if Josh feels it is necessary).

Please let me know if there are any typo's, misspellings, or wrong term usage. I'll fix it and update it.

my email address is ajguy84@msn.com

#58 ·
#60 ·
Newbie question about effects on ABS

Hi, I was looking into installing a lift on my Commander when I bought it in 2006, and recall seeing posts about issues related to anti-lock brake system and maybe other computerized monitoring systems. Haven't been back to the forum since then, but don't see any posts related to this. Do I need to worry about things like the ABS system when adding this lift and larger wheels? If there is a previous discussion on this I'd appreciate pointing me to it. Thank you, and fantastic job on this write up.

#62 ·

Post #58 has a working link to a download. I have not read it completely but I suspect it is a copy of the earlier document and does not contain all the helpful comments made along the way.

#66 ·
Hi everyone, I want to install longer springs (+2"lift). Do I need to change struts or can use stock? Is OME springs the best for +2" lift or there are better options available? And what is better, longer springs or spacers? Anyway original springs are too old and I plan to replace them. Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.