Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after all the research that I have done. It's seems like the RR is a common lift for a lot of the post that I've seen, but I was told that the OME lift is the best 2" lift out there if I have the money to buy it. So, those of you with the OME lift how do you like it? Those of you with the OME lift how do you like it? Money is not a big issue, but if the 2 lifts are about the same then I'm obviously going to go with the cheaper one so that I can buy other things for my Jeep. So far my plans are to put a 2" lift on, with 1.5 inch spacers, and 265 or 255/70/17s with AT tires. What do you all think about that? What modifications would I have to do to fit the tires. Thank you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
OME is a full suspenssion lift. its a little firmer than stock. HD is best for our heavier XK's and the HEMI's

RR is only a spacer lift.

265/ 70R17 is a good size for a 2in lift. (may require some trimming of the front wheel wells) Depending on how agressive the tread is.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
So far my plans are to put a 2" lift on, with 1.5 inch spacers, and 265 or 255/70/17s with AT tires. What do you all think about that? What modifications would I have to do to fit the tires. Thank you.
You will need to consider spacers to move the larger tire outward (or new rims), you may need to modify the pinch weld again due to running a larger tire.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will need to consider spacers to move the larger tire outward (or new rims), you may need to modify the pinch weld again due to running a larger tire.
Ok, I plan on buying the spacers, but is the suspension lift or the spacer lift better for what I want out of the lift. The main goal is to keep the ride as close to what I have while giving my Jeep a little more ground clearance and a more upright look. Or if does get a little stiffer it won't be uncomfortable.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OME is a full suspenssion lift. its a little firmer than stock. HD is best for our heavier XK's and the HEMI's

RR is only a spacer lift.

265/ 70R17 is a good size for a 2in lift. (may require some trimming of the front wheel wells) Depending on how agressive the tread is.

Ok, I plan on buying the spacers, but is the suspension lift or the spacer lift better for what I want out of the lift. The main goal is to keep the ride as close to what I have while giving my Jeep a little more ground clearance and a more upright look. Or if does get a little stiffer it won't be uncomfortable.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Please excuse the thread hijack but it is related.

What is the difference in actual lift between the OME and the RR? Officially the OME is listed at 1.25" (F) and 1.5"(R) on ARB's site. That doesn't sound right considering most people report it levels the Commander.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts