Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the Commander lifted, I installed the 2" OME coils only with stock shocks. I went for the medium weight coils instead of the heavy duty (I think I'm the first one using the medium weight coils in here)

The look is very good, and the good thing that the lift leveled out the Commander as it gave higher lift in the front!

In the front I got around 2.3" lift, while it gave around 1.5" in the rear end, I think the reason is because the coils are designed for the Grand Cherokee which is lighter in the back.

The ride is a bit more stiffer than stock and more stable, the negative thing is that the wheels drop more often in the front on pumps and reach the maximum limit due to the short stock shocks.

Product codes:
Front coils: OME 990
Rear coils: OME 992

Pics ....

(Before)

(After)

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
The modding has just begun! Looks good.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Looks good! Have fun testing out the new setup...

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The angles of shaft and tie rod after the lift ..

The ball joint angle after the lift ..

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more thing to add the the ground clearance below the front diff became around 10.6" after the lift.

·
Registered
735 Posts
very nice looking. I am planning on getting hte ome lift as well. glad to see the lift looks very nice.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went on a very tough off-road trip today in remote and big sand dunes for long distance (over 30 miles off-roading) ,,, the OME coils did very well, the vehicle is much more stable on the dunes and pumps and the ground clearance helped alot as I went on the same trip two months back and got stuck several times while I had no problems this time at all.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Looks much better Ahmed. Are you concerned about the ball joint angles? Phunky is the expert..

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks much better Ahmed. Are you concerned about the ball joint angles? Phunky is the expert..
No,, I think the angle is very ok, I posted a pic for it too.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks fantastic! Now you just need to upgrade the size of the meats and it will look like it should look from the factory!
Exactly, now it look like a 4x4 truck :) and stands close to other 4x4 trucks level.

The size I'm thinking about is 265/70/17 but I'm a bit worried that it might be a bit big which might hit the wheel well in hard pumps

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you added the heavy coils insted of the meds. would you gain anymore height or just a stiffer ride????
The heavy duty coils might give you higher lift in the rear and stiffer ride too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts