Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a PDF I downloaded from ARB showing the OME suspension systems for the Commander. They are showing both light and medium load applications for both front and rear. The one that caught my eye is the strut they are listing for the front. They label the Nitrocharger strut as

"Does not suit Quadradriver Electronic LSD quipped vechiles."

My Jeep has the Quadra-Drive 2. What issues does the strut cause with the differential?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
And just because I know the next question...

Light load for XK = Medium load for WK
Medium load for XK = Heavy load for WK

Keep that in mind because most sites only list "MD" and "HD" which is the WK terminology. Part numbering follows the equivalencies I just stated.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I emailed the company and got this back real quick:

"...Thanks for your question and your interest in OME. Take another look! You’re looking at the locker technical note not the suspension technical note. We don’t supply the top mount bushes, you need to re-use the OE. Have a great weekend!
Thanks,
Duffy Biggs

Purchasing Manager (Assisting with Customer Service.)

ARB USA..."

Mystery solved, and prompt customer service too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, sorry about the confusion. Generally my reading comprehension is a little better than that. Embarrassed. Anyhow, it is cool ARB replied so quickly. I thought about emailing them myself but I thought it could takes weeks to ever get a reply.

So how does the XK OME light load compare to the factory setup? My Jeep has the hemi but I never expect to put any fabricated bumpers or winches on the front. Would the only reason to get the medium load on the rear is for towing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts