Jeep Commander Forum banner

OME HD+1.5” wheel spacers+265/70/r18

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  consumedbywater 
#1 ·
Yes? No? Will I need to do the pinch weld? Will there be rubbing with/without pinch weld? Help help help.

#4 ·
Yes? No? Will I need to do the pinch weld? Will there be rubbing with/without pinch weld? Help help help.
I do not have the OME lift but have a 2" spacer lift front and rear running 265/70 17's without the pinch weld "mod." I removed sections of the inner fender liner. I only have slight rubbing at full lock.
What tires are those?

#5 ·
I do not have the OME lift but have a 2" spacer lift front and rear running 265/70 17's without the pinch weld "mod." I removed sections of the inner fender liner. I only have slight rubbing at full lock.
What tires are those?
Firestone Destination MT2 tires. Love them. Best MT tire for the street hands down.

#6 · (Edited)
If you running 265/70's on a 17 inch tire I could tell you that you definitely would not need the pinch weld mod.

265/70's on an 18 inch tire I'm not 100% certain, but, I would say you could probably get away without the pinch weld mod.

If you did the pinch weld mod, you definitely would not have any rubbing with that set-up.

#7 ·
I ran the same tire size on WK2 wheels, which put me at about 5.2" of backspacing. I needed the pinch weld and did some substantial trimming of my wheel well liner, but afterwards I had no rubbing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.