Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an OME HD lift and am getting ready to order wheels/tires. I'm looking at Destination A/T in P255/75-R17 on 17x8.5 wheels with 20mm offset (5.6" backspacing). From my reading here, it seems like this should fit fine with little to no modification needed, except maybe the pinch weld mod. Do I have that right?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Yessir. I have the same amount of tire on less lift (1.5") (with pinchweld mod) and no rub.

I have slightly less backspacing (.2" which gives me a bit more clearance from the bolt) but you'll have no problem with it at all with 255's.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have those exact tires on JK rims with 1/4 inch spacers and have very little rub on the drivers side at full chock. No pinch weld mod and running 2.5 inches of lift. I don't know the offset of the wheels though, but those are great tires

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, you guys didn't steer me wrong. Got the lift and new tires installed and it looks great. The spacing couldn't be more perfect, plenty of clearance to the suspension and the tire is perfectly aligned with the fender. So far, it looks like I may not need to do the pinch weld mod. I pulled the wheel well liner up tight against the pinch weld / wheel well and I appear to have 1/2" of clearance at full turn and full compression.

The wheels I went with are Granite Alloy GA640 17x8.5 with +20mm offset and tires are Destination A/T 255/75-17.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts