Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I'm tired of my front end sagging from my POS daystar lift and want to change my setup. I saw a picture of a WK that looked like what I was going for as far as lift and rims/tires etc. He said he was just running the OME springs in the front and nothing in the back, which I kinda of like the squat look. Anyways, to get to my question can I just buy the OME springs and thats it and swap that out for my daystar lift and be ready to go? Or is there anything else I need. Just making sure before I start buying stuff. Also could I use the strut space on top with the springs? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on someone has to know the answer to my question

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hay Dude,

This has been discussed several times before, but here you go.

unless your shocks are new you are advised on upgrading them at the same time.

you do not need to get the OME shocks but i did. Do it once and do it right and save money in the end.

My XK had 26 or 27k miles when i purchased it and i did the whole kit at one time.

OMG HD front and rear springs
OME Front and Rear shocks/Struts
New spring isolators and new strut mounts.

I went back and added 3/8 front strut spacers.

Hope this helps you

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Do NOT run OME front springs and your front Daystar spacer.

You can use the OME front springs and Rustys strut spacer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies. so to make clear on what I was planning on doing is taking off my front daystar lift and replacing it with the OME lift springs you can get for $170 on Rock Road's website then adding the 1/2 inch spacer on top of that. So just to make sure, that will be ok? Just not trying to spend the money and not have everything or it just not be what I think it is.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
thanks for the replies. so to make clear on what I was planning on doing is taking off my front daystar lift and replacing it with the OME lift springs you can get for $170 on Rock Road's website then adding the 1/2 inch spacer on top of that. So just to make sure, that will be ok? Just not trying to spend the money and not have everything or it just not be what I think it is.
That would be fine. Make 100% sure that your upper ball joints are in great shape while you have it pulled apart though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts