Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the OME lift is out for the WK Grand. It should be a direct fit in the XK. Parts and prices are posted on the OME website.

Springs are $82 each for front or rear, front struts are $162 each, rear shocks are $91 a pop.

Who is going to order this up first?

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
brianjf said:
Who is going to order this up first?
How about you ?

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
Where did you get the details on this lift?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I do not see it listed on their website.

Never mind. I found the springs listed individually, and the shocks individually. If I'm right, this would cost $834 for four new shocks and springs. No mention on any of the 4 items to say whether it actually lifts the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
What amount of lift does it indicate?

·
Registered
735 Posts
yes does any one have any idea if it will def fit and how much it will lift it or not?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need to sell my 55 chevy truck first. A fella is coming today that might haul it off.

I read somewhere that the lift is 2 inches. It's a little spendy, but OME has a solid rep and ARB product support is great.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
What amount of lift does it indicate?
It doesn't. It says replacement springs, replacement shocks Part OME991 for the front springs for example. And, the price per spring is actually per spring, you need 4 at $82 per. I'm not convinced this is a lift and not just replacement parts.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i'd like to have the lift kit, but its too much money for a set of springs.

i think i'll go custom. i like tom's suspension using the custom ball joint. i'd like to fit a coil spring shock or an air shock in there. i'd like a 4 link in the rear and throw away the factory set-up.

CrzCajun said:
Here's their 2" lift. However, I talked to them about two months ago and they said that it wasn't out yet even though it was listed on their web page. You might want to give them a call.

http://www.arbusa.com/USA-Vehicle-Application-Guides/Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-WK.pdf

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is a 2" lift. I had the OME 2" lift on myTJ and it was fantastic for my use. It is made for Australian use which is washboard dirt roads. It is a smoother ride on the highway and really great on dirt and moderately rocky roads. It actually gave me 2.3" of lift on the TJ.

I've emailed their office in Seattle a couple times about use on the XK, but I have not received a response... I will get it if they ever give me a positive response on the application.

·
Registered
251 Posts
What is the difference between the med and heavy load springs as related to what came on the 2006 4.7 if anyone knows? I would like to keep the same ride so I wonder which one is as close to factory?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Marty said:
It is a 2" lift.
I'm not saying you are incorrect. I would ask you though how did you come about that information? It does not say this on their website. I'd think that they'd want to put that info in the "additional information" so that buyers know what they're getting.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Commander Ron said:
What is the difference between the med and heavy load springs as related to what came on the 2006 4.7 if anyone knows? I would like to keep the same ride so I wonder which one is as close to factory?
I would say that if you're looking to put a bumper and winch, you would need the heavy to stop the front from sagging.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I agree if I were to carry heavy loads but I wonder which is close to factory. I do not want to loose any or too much of the "cushy" ride. Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It looks like I'll be able to swing the OME kit -- just sold the old truck for $750. The cash feels warm on my butt.

The JK 18's with 255/70/18's are getting dusty in the shop, and I've got a set of 1.5 spidertrax spacers lined up.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts