Jeep Commander Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
2006 Commander 3.7 V6, 4WD QT-I

Registered
65th Anniversary, OME MD, Bilstein 4600 fr, 5100 rear
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Looks really good. I plan on doing the same to Genie!

Welcome to the forum!! 馃弫馃弫馃弫
@MotorCityBrent
Thank you! Let us know how your lift turns out. It seems that in the past the MD lift with no spacers or mods came out a bit lower than the HD lift except on some Grand Cherokees. So I was pretty excited to see these results from the MD.

Registered
Curious. I'm also looking at the OME MD spring lift. I was planning to buy the entire kit from RRO, including their struts/shocks and UCA. What benefit do you find with the Bilsteins vs the RROs? LIke the look of yours and also going for the ride quality as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Curious. I'm also looking at the OME MD spring lift. I was planning to buy the entire kit from RRO, including their struts/shocks and UCA. What benefit do you find with the Bilsteins vs the RROs? LIke the look of yours and also going for the ride quality as well.
@misteramx
There were a number of reasons I preferred Bilstein over OME shocks. First, I鈥檝e driven and ridden in offroad trucks and performance cars with Bilsteins for 20 years and have always appreciated their performance. They also are readily available should I blow a shock. I鈥檒l admit, vanity also entered the picture as I felt that for the rear the polished 5100鈥檚 look much better overall and especially against the Jeep Green color.

About a year ago I planned to get the full OME MD pre-assembled kit and called RRO but they were on serious back order. I got busy and the next time I went to order the kit the price went up a laughable $200+ and research indicated it was possibly due to the shocks even though they aren鈥檛 mono tube shocks like the trusted and predictable Bilsteins. I greatly appreciate ARB is still supporting XK/WK and even understand rising prices due to shipping delays and materials costs. All things considered it was just hard to ignore my past positive experiences with the mono tube Bilsteins, so I switched to an OME/Bilstein hybrid kit.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

New Wildpeak At3w in 265/70/17. Pic doesn鈥檛 do it justice. It鈥檚 so beefy in person. I really think the lift with these or even 32鈥檚 should have been an option from the factory.

Administrator
2008 XK Sport 4.7L V-8 QT-II 4WD 104,xxx Miles

New Wildpeak At3w in 265/70/17. Pic doesn鈥檛 do it justice. It鈥檚 so beefy in person. I really think the lift with these or even 32鈥檚 should have been an option from the factory.
@Green Beast ;

Looking sharp!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts