Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered OME HD springs and shocks from RRO. I added the assembly option so I could just bolt them in. After a 4 month wait due to a backorder I finally got them. Unfortunately they didn't put in any bump stops.

Contacted RRO and they said "ARB doesn't supply them so they don't put them in. Call ARB if you want to modify them"

I called ARB and was told they don't have that part in their system and deferred back to RRO'S experience as one of their biggest installers.

As it sits right now I'm putting them in without the bump stops. I'm not a speedster off road but I do expect some drops and large rocks.

Should I push the issue or is it fine?
IMG_20200220_185243148.jpg v

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,012 Posts
@TNTJEEP I've never seen a bump stop in the front, only in the rear.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@TNTJEEP I've never seen a bump stop in the front, only in the rear.

Thanks, the set coming out has them and they are called out in the service manual procedures. IMG_20200220_185304387.jpg

I'm just going to skip it for now. I'm guessing I will never hit it anyway.
I'm not that kind of driver 😂.

·
Super Moderator
15,012 Posts
Thanks, the set coming out has them and they are called out in the service manual procedures. View attachment 40809

I'm just going to skip it for now. I'm guessing I will never hit it anyway.
I'm not that kind of driver 😂.
@TNTJEEP, I was mistaken. After looking at your photo I went out and looked at mine and you are correct. Sorry, I had a brain fart. And it looks like mine need replacing! Uhhh!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getting them is the easy part. Installing them is the problem. I already paid the extra money so I didn't have to compress them. The other fun fact is the spring compressor from PepBoys doesn't fit between the spring coils.

Did you add them or go with out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts