Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was thinking about getting some OME rear springs to replace my spacers and gain a little more lift.

Looking for input and ideas so let me have it! :D

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I think they would work out nicely for you. Id definately recommend getting the OME shocks too. Those nitrogen shocks are amazing! Do you plan on doing anything for more lift in the front?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I used the OME rear springs to replace my busted rocky road rear spacers. The springs lifted the same amount as the original springs and spacers. On the road driving has not changed much, the quality of the ride is about the same. Towing is better. Off road there is more flex. I would highly recommend getting the OME springs.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Yeah I definately didnt think about that. Like adamag25 stated, if your plan is to swap out you spacers with the springs then you mostlikely wont gain any lift in the rear.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I definately didnt think about that. Like adamag25 stated, if your plan is to swap out you spacers with the springs then you mostlikely wont gain any lift in the rear.
Bummer, but then again if they are a tad stiffer and when I tow a trailer I don't look so "squashed" I would be happy. Which OME Springs did you guys get? I was reading and there was a Medium and Heavy duty.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If you plan on towing id go with the Heavy Duty springs. I think thats what adamag25 is running.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I have the OME HD springs they are part #OME993 They work great for towing. My XK used to be a saggin' wagon when I had my big trailer hooked up but now it can handle much more. With the new springs, it would probably take a couple hundred extra pounds to make it sag the way it did with the stock springs.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet now to finish my sales pitch to the wife. :D

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Tell her you will not have any more squeaks from the spacers in the rear and it will be quieter on bumpy roads. Then once they are installed, go for a ride down a "bumpy" road and say "WOW! listen to that, there are no more squeaks"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts