Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm going to install my ome hd springs and struts on my '06 5.7, and I've seen reference to the "A" and "B; labels on the springs. Gotta think they put them there for a reason. Anyone know if the placement has any relevance? Thanks

jm

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
so I'm going to install my ome hd springs and struts on my '06 5.7, and I've seen reference to the "A" and "B; labels on the springs. Gotta think they put them there for a reason. Anyone know if the placement has any relevance? Thanks

jm
Driver's side and passenger's side - I believe "A" is the driver's side spring and "B" is the passengers side and yes it matters which one goes where, they are not interchangeable.

When I replaced my rear springs they gave me specific instructions as follows:

These springs, item #52124213AA_52124214AA, are made for use on 2006 - 2008 XK Commander Limited model trucks with a Hemi. Note that when you select this part, you are purchasing OE rear coil springs as a pair with the left rear spring being item #52124214AA and the right rear spring being item #52124213AA.

But as you can see, mine are labeled differently than yours because I bought mine through justforjeeps.com and I'm sure the part numbers are different.

I am speculating that "A" is the driver's side & "B" is the passenger's side because that just makes sense - but I don't know that for certain.

·
Registered
137 Posts
As Big Blue mentioned.

It's not listed in the instructions. But per Kolak AND OME, the A rear spring goes on the driver side if you're in the US. They will easily go in the wrong way, but you'll get a slight tilt to the left.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks fellas, someone on fb said the "A" spring goes on right rear to counter the squat/torque on the rear axle. ???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts