Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running the JBA 2.5" rear coils? I'm curious as how they compare to the OME HD coils and if one provides more lift than the other. I'm planning on replacing my RC lift and am debating the OME HD rear coils or going with the JBA coils. Also debating the OME shocks or monroe load levelers, any opinions?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If you get the OME Rear HD coils you won't need the Monroe load level shocks. I haven't heard of anyone running the JBA 2.5 inch coils but I do have the OME HD with OME shocks and love them

·
Registered
338 Posts
The rear OME HD coils will give a true 2" boost over stock springs. The MLLs will give another inch on top of that.

·
2,248 Posts
Another option is the Superlift coil springs for the rear. I added a 30 gallon Aux Fuel Tank and rear tire carrier and the Superlift restored the ride height and will not bottom out like the stock springs. I got mine from Phunkeydude and I think it was from the 4 inch lift kit

·
Registered
173 Posts
Is anyone running the JBA 2.5" rear coils? I'm curious as how they compare to the OME HD coils...
I as curious about the JBA coils too so I contacted JBA and asked what the spring rate of their coils were. I was told they do not give out that information!?! With that type of customer service/tech help they lost me as a customer.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input everyone. I was worried about getting a little reverse rake action when everything is done which is why I was thinking about the load levelers, I had planned on getting the OME shocks till I read that some people needed a little extra lift in the back after doing the same setup I'm thinking of doing. That's also why I was thinking of the " 2.5" " JBA coils, just did'nt trust that they would give a full 2.5 inches. I sure don't trust them now if they are not willing to give out any info.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I will haves brand new set of superlift rear coils and shocks soon if your interested.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
143 Posts
Another option is the Superlift coil springs for the rear. I added a 30 gallon Aux Fuel Tank and rear tire carrier and the Superlift restored the ride height and will not bottom out like the stock springs. I got mine from Phunkeydude and I think it was from the 4 inch lift kit

I was wondering if you ran into any issues by installing the 4" SL rear coils? I realize you have a lot more weight added to your Jeep then I would, since I'm not towing or anything.
I'm leaning towards a OME coil swap upfront with a additional 1/4 plate and then the 4" SL rear coil for the back end. Did you have any angle issues, longer brake line requirements etc?

I was also looking at the 4" coil that JBA sells JBA-RCS4-WK for $245 a set and wondered how similar they are to the 4" CL springs?...heck they could be the same spring just a different coat of red paint on them.

I can't find a set of 4" SL springs anywhere, unless you get the whole kit...let alone a used set and save a few bucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts