Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bad news last night. while the commander was parked in my garage my weedwacker that normally hangs on a hook in my garage fell (hook pulled out) and hit the front passenger door. put 2 small dents in just behind and below the mirror. thats my luck!
the good news is i called state farm and they said its covered with no deductible so thursday its off to my buddy at his body shop so he can look at it.
the dents aren't real noticeable and didn't scratch the paint so hopefully they can repair these without paint. i would think light khaki would be a little difficult to match perfectly.
could've been worse but i'm still bummed out.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I have actually been thinking of switching which side of the garage I park on because I am afraid I am going to knock something off the workbench onto it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
rikmeister said:
maybe they can use the dent puller and it will be as good as new mate.
I have a little dent on the driver side door that is the size of a dime. I noticed this dent 2 days after making the purchase. The cool thing about it is the salesperson at the dealership who sold me the car told me that they will repair it for free. Now that's what I call customer service. :)

I also got a quote to fix the dent and it would run about $75 for a 20 minute job. They would take the door panel out and massage the dent out.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was it noticeable after they were done?
i am taking it tomorrow. this place is top notch. i don't want it noticeable at all. if it comes down to it i will have them replace the whole door.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just came back from the body shop. almost $700 to repair it. the dents can't be popped out. he said they are too sharp and would be noticeable.
they have to paint the whole door but he said it will be as good as new when he was done.
it will take about 3 days (allowing time for paint to dry). i have to take it in on the 25th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts