Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had a sudden shower this afternoon, and the sunroof was open. I can't be the first person to have this happen. Dash & seats got wet, labels/lettering came off all the second row dash buttons, radio quit working. I have a fear this is going to be a $500 deductable comprehensive claim. Ill try radio/fuses tomorrow when it's dried out, but all the dash buttons, C/T, reset, step, etc. have no lettering on them. Since I drive 3 other vehicles, I don't have all the buttons memorized so it may be a bit of a quandry. Does anyone have any suggestions ? I did try a search for" dash labels came off", but I got a hit on every thread with the word (off) in it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally got the radio working, I had to pull every single fuse under the hood & reseat it. For an automobile with this complex an electrical system, it has about the most P*ss , poor labeling of the fuse block I've ever seen. As for the labels coming off the switches I guess I'll just paint them all black & try to remember where the important ones are. It's hard to believe a Jeep would have this much trouble from a little bit of rain. I remember an old CJ-5 that never saw a top up on it, and it ran just fine whatever.And you didn't have to get permission from a d*mn computer to engage 4-lo, just pull the lever.

·
Registered
283 Posts
My labels are still on, I can help with questions.

I agree about the fuse blocks, they are horrible.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks sespe, Top row I know C/T, Reset,Step, next row, outside switches are seat heat, but I don't remember the rest. Any help would be welcome.

·
Administrator
15,241 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Thanks sespe, Top row I know C/T, Reset,Step, next row, outside switches are seat heat, but I don't remember the rest. Any help would be welcome.
On my 06 Limited XK it is from the left... seat heat, Electronic Stability Control, Tow/Haul, seat heat.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes, what Creek said...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks a lot guys, I downloaded the service manual,but it's so thick you can't really find what you're looking for, unless you find it by accident. And the previous owner didn't leave the owners manual.

·
Administrator
15,241 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts