Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure there are multiple other threads on this but I’m blacking out all the chrome trim on my Limited. I bought Duplicolor rattle can vinyl wrap in a gloss black from O-Reilly’s. I just washed everything then took rubbing alcohol and wiped down all the trim. Can says no masking required, but I highly recommend it. It was much harder to get off undesired spots than the can leads you to believe. Also be sure to paint out of direct sunlight and ensure the trim isn’t hot. Some of my 1st attempt didn’t turn out to my liking due to this error.

·
Super Moderator
6,931 Posts
I’m sure there are multiple other threads on this but I’m blacking out all the chrome trim on my Limited. I bought Duplicolor rattle can vinyl wrap in a gloss black from O-Reilly’s. I just washed everything then took rubbing alcohol and wiped down all the trim. Can says no masking required, but I highly recommend it. It was much harder to get off undesired spots than the can leads you to believe. Also be sure to paint out of direct sunlight and ensure the trim isn’t hot. Some of my 1st attempt didn’t turn out to my liking due to this error. View attachment 41096
A lot of guys have done a similar blacking out of everything; Some guys have done it with Plasti-dip; Other guys have done it with paint.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Here is what a quick search of the forum turned up;

Reactions: G_unitXK
1 - 2 of 2 Posts