Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 commander 5.7. When I drive does not matter what speed. Can be driving 20 mph or 80 mph. I reach my desired cruising speed and try to just maintain that speed. I notice that something engages and puts extra load on the motor, I press slightly on the gas pedal and what ever it is disengages and feels like the jeep goes back to normal. As long as I keep a small load on the motor. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
2,008 Posts
Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

To make or modify a Signature click here - Signature - How to make or modify

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number (case sensitive) and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

You can download a free Owner's Manual here--->Owner's Manual

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
576 Posts
is the AC on? is it "in" the transmission or purely engine load?

·
Administrator
8,296 Posts
I have an 06 commander 5.7. When I drive does not matter what speed. Can be driving 20 mph or 80 mph. I reach my desired cruising speed and try to just maintain that speed. I notice that something engages and puts extra load on the motor, I press slightly on the gas pedal and what ever it is disengages and feels like the jeep goes back to normal. As long as I keep a small load on the motor. Any ideas?
Sounds like your MDS kicking in to me.

MDS Activation Conditions | Jeep Commander Forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts