Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so i think im finally at a point where I have made my final decision on what tires im gonna buy. After changing my mind almost every single day Ive decided to get the 265/70/17 Duratracs. Now I need some imput from you guys whether I should get the C rated load or the E rated. Im only considering the E load for this tire because of all of the reviews I have read about a sloppier ride with the tire. I believe that Commandeder4lyfe talked about having to air up his tires to over 40psi to help stiffen up his duratracs. I was hoping to potentially avoid this problem by going up in the load rating. I know that it will stiffen up the ride and add some extra weight (6 more pounds per tire over the C rating) but i wanted to avoid that sloppy feeling because I think that would bother me more than a stiffer ride. I just wanna see what you guys think about getting an E load tire and whether itll rattle the teeth out of my head. Thanks in advance for the help...Firehawk45cal

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the load range C on mine, and do not have a sloppy ride at all. I also run 35psi. No issues.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I have the new Goodyear MT/R's in Load Range C. If you want the E's id say go for it. You wont regret your decision.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Last week I put E rated Duratracs on my Commander and I'm loving them. I went with 245 75 17's and really didn't notice any difference in ride at all. In my case maybe a little more sidewall over stock made up for any added stiffness of the higher rated tires.

Put E's on it, you will be happy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys! I really appreciate it....I checked my local shops and they were wanting $310.00 a tire and that wasnt including mount and balance. So im gonna go ahead and order 5 of them from discount tire. They are selling the E rated for $203.00 to my door. The guy at the local shop was shocked that i could get the tires for such a good price. He said he couldnt get the tire at his cost for that price. Im a little nervous to order tires and have them delivered to my door, but for that price ill get over it.:) My superchips programmer is on its way and ill be all set. Anyways thanks again! Firehawk45cal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts