Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put new tires and wheels on my 06 commander. I am disappointed in my choice of wheels. They make the tires look quite small and just.... Kinda odd.

I spent a bit of money modifying the rear interior to make flat when both seats removed so spending any more $ on a lift isn't an option. I did a 2" lift kit and out 17 " tires with black rock wheels. I was hoping for the classic jeep look. I think I would have been happier with powder coated stock wheels. But... It didn't have those when I purchased it. It had performance tires with chrome. Not my style and I like to go up in the mountains. Plus, the tire popped when I nudged a curb... Pfff. Stupid.

Since I already bought the tires, should I look for a 5 spoke black matte rim? Suggestions on any downplayed models? I like plain, not glitzy... More grizzly :)

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think it looks fine. The 5 spoke wheels are all over craigslist, as are many other Jeep wheels. Try find a set of the 6 spoke 17in Liberty wheels. Seen them on a Wrangler, they're cool

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I think it looks fine. But I think it would look better if you Armour Alled the tires.

We get used to the dark contrast of the tire against the silver wheel. Now your wheels are darker than the tires, and I think that is why your disappointed with your tire choice, some tires are blacker than others.

Armour All the tires and then post a pic, I bet everyone will say it looks even better, NOT that it looks bad at all now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I go for months without washing my jeep, ha ha. So polishing my tires won't happen :) I am thinking I'll swap these tires out for some all terrain bf tires and keep looking for matte black 5 spoke. I'll check Out the tire wheel combo mentioned above next.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts