1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Unless it is as wide as the Commander it wil look silly!

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Unless it is as wide as the Commander it wil look silly!
x2 - it has to match the dimensions of the vehicle in order to look correct. Do they give you the demensions (width)? :icon_confused:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I would like to get specifics. Looks like the pic is some other vehicle. I guess my question is more about the concept since I can't find a real pic.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Yeah, I would like to get specifics. Looks like the pic is some other vehicle. I guess my question is more about the concept since I can't find a real pic.
I like the concept, might have even purchased one myself if they had made one that fit the Commander.

Do you have the sunroof? If not I suggest you consider the Go-Light, not enough room to install it if you have the sunroof however.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the sunroof. I could also attach some lights to my cross rails.

P.S. a49erfan, We took it wheeling for the first time this weekend out at Martinez Cabin. Only got in about 3 miles before the kids got bored. We got some nice pics and I'm looking forward to more. Gonna look for something up the I-17 for this weekend maybe. I'm gonna assume Crown King backroad is a little too extreme for our rides.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I have the sunroof. I could also attach some lights to my cross rails.

P.S. a49erfan, We took it wheeling for the first time this weekend out at Martinez Cabin. Only got in about 3 miles before the kids got bored. We got some nice pics and I'm looking forward to more. Gonna look for something up the I-17 for this weekend maybe. I'm gonna assume Crown King backroad is a little too extreme for our rides.
There are many cool spots off I-17, Crown King is okay too as long as you are lifted. I have run Crown King two or three time, also check out Castle Hot Springs Road in teh same area as CK.

I have a Siperbowl party this weekend so I will be home, but the next weekend I could run Castle Hot Springs if you are interested.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great! I'd love to get out there with someone who knows the trails. P.S., I have no rock rails and my wife wants me to keep her Jeep intact. :mofo:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Here's a photoshop of the Liberty light bar on a Commander that Jeep5253 posted on my thread with a similar question to yours..

Here ya' go:

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
That looks an awful lot like the Liberty light bar I think.
Sans Blue lenses of course.

I thought that would look good on the XK if it fit.
Anyone have one of these liberty light bars? Take your liberty apart and
set the bar on top your XK and take a pic! Please?!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I have a message in to Hong Kong. Hopefully they'll be able to get me some good info back.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks. I have a message in to Hong Kong. Hopefully they'll be able to get me some good info back.
LOL, me too. I requested actual Commander pics with this light bar installed, we'l see what thier response is.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
check these out from pilot, they have a magnetic/suction cup base and average $42 on ebay for a set of 2. im thinking about ordering these but hardwiring with a switch and load relay, anyone have any experience with these? http://www.pilotautomotive.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=27242&PCID=1064
Why? Why would you stick a suction cup mounted light to the roof of your
Commander? Sorry if I sound condescending, but dammm. You need to put
the lights on a bar especially if you are hardwiring. Get a set of stock cross
rail and mount your lights on top of them.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
check these out from pilot, they have a magnetic/suction cup base and average $42 on ebay for a set of 2. im thinking about ordering these but hardwiring with a switch and load relay, anyone have any experience with these? http://www.pilotautomotive.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=27242&PCID=1064
Those are not off-road lights, they are fog lights.

"Our Navigator Cyber White series fog lights are designed to cast a low and wide beam under your factory head lamp beam. This increases visibility without reflecting glare from rain, fog or snow back into the driver’s eyes. They include the necessary hardware and wiring to make installation as simple as possible. This series of lights combined with our Navigator Cyber White series driving lights create the perfect auxiliary lighting planogram. They all feature the latest blue lenses with simulated H.I.D. white beam patterns for the brightest light."

·
Registered
15 Posts
well sorry for throwing out options for lights, maybe someone out there doesnt want to pernamently mount lights. alot of members on this forum from what iv seen are so critical of others!!

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
well sorry for throwing out options for lights, maybe someone out there doesnt want to pernamently mount lights. alot of members on this forum from what iv seen are so critical of others!!
You are correct and have my apologies. I do not like people criticizing others
opinions or desires. We should offer help not criticizm.

:(

·
Registered
542 Posts
That's not a bad idea, personally.....I don't like them. If they sat lower to the roof, they would look better. How would you hard wire them without the wire flapping in the wind?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Those lights woudn't last 5 minutes on my jeep with the off roading I do. Not only that but they aren't to appealing to the eye either.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts