Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the 3rd row seats will be optional in '08,if so is there going to be a "filler" of some sort to level the rear floor?If so I will be the first in line to buy one from my dealer!It would add a fair amount of space I would think!Anyone hear about this?:)

·
Registered
142 Posts
The only advantage to not have a 3rd row would be IF the 2nd row was further back (say around 3"-5". As the vehicle is presently configured, I am definitely NOT comfortable sitting in the 2nd row. (I'm 6".)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
jeep cmder said:
The only advantage to not have a 3rd row would be IF the 2nd row was further back (say around 3"-5". As the vehicle is presently configured, I am definitely NOT comfortable sitting in the 2nd row. (I'm 6".)
I am 6' also and though I haven't ridden back there... I have sat back there and thought it was very comfortable. My dad is over 6' and rode back there for about 1000 miles and said it was super comfortable.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RedCommander said:
Just curious, if there is a "filler" to level the floor, what is the advantage over simply folding your seats down? If not, the advantage over just taking them out if you will never use them?
I had read somewhere that when the seats are removed, the floor is very uneven (I havent checked this out myself) and if a shallow tray or filler to help level this out might be available.But there might not be enough useable space available so the idea might be null and void.But if the thickness of the folded seat is substantially greater than this tray, it might be worth it....just a thought.This being said i agree with you, all the bs of taking the seats out and storing them might not be worth the trouble for perhaps a small gain.:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
All New 2-Row, 5-Passenger Sport model:

Aluminum Wheels, 17"
Available All New 4.7L V8 Engine
Electronic Stability Program with Brake Traction Control & Anti-Lock Brake System
Park Assist
Traction Control & Anti-Lock Brake System
Rear Power Outlet
Power Driver’s Seat
Power Heated Fold Away Mirrors
Side Impact Air Bags
Tilt/Telescoping Steering Wheel with EVIC Controls

·
Registered
455 Posts
Guys try a search - pics of the new option
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3022&highlight=rear+seat+delete

Heres someone who took them out himself - I am thinking about doing this, all that weight is not worth it when im using them 3 times a year for a bunch of drunk friends.
-http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155&highlight=%22rear+seat%22

I wish Jeep did more of this, like offering a stripped model with a HEMI to mod the way you like.. The new Jeeps should have an option to be a little more like the old, the more gadgets the more things to go wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts