Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's have an informal meet at the new Hooter's Restaurant in Costa Mesa for all Orange County Commanders (LA and San Diego too).

Anyone interested? We can check out each other's rides, lift kits, wheels, exhausts, etc.

I'll post on the www.jeepforums.com Commander section also.

Let me know if you're in!

How about 1 pm on Saturday, May 27th?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I live in Riverside, but spend most of my weekends in Orange County (in fact I was in Huntington Beach last weekend). Late Saturday or Sunday afternoons work for me (I do my training in the mornings), but I would try and make it if others wanted it earlier.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just checkin in on this forum :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sfpsfe -

can you make 1 pm?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes. I can make it at 1:00 p.m. However, I am out of town racing this weekend, May 6-7. Which weekend were you planning on? Where were you thinking in OC?

·
Registered
77 Posts
sfpsfe said:
Yes. I can make it at 1:00 p.m. However, I am out of town racing this weekend, May 6-7. Which weekend were you planning on? Where were you thinking in OC?
May 27th, 1:00 PM - HOOTERS OF COSTA MESA, of off Fairview and the 405.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Date, time, and location are just fine with me. I am looking forward to other Commanders and the accessories added.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds good. Looking forward to it too! Try to park close to the other Commanders in the lot. Not sure how busy it is on Saturdays. How about we meet out front in the lot and go inside when we get a small group.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Actually... it would be better to meet behind Hooters (ok... that sounded nice) ... by the freeway side. It can get a bit busy in the front of Hooters (yes... that sounds even better) ... Commanders staying together may be a bit difficult ...

.... coming from past car enthusiast meet experiences ....

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Sounds great Chipster.

Park on the freeway side of Hooters if possible. No big deal if we are not all side by side at Hooters. See you at 1 pm. 5/27/06.

Hooters of Costa Mesa. 1507 S. Coast Drive Costa Mesa, CA 92626 714-427-0755 ...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
So we officially have 5 members in the Orange County Commanders. Heheh.

Thanks to Chip (and family) and Intreper for coming out and bringing your HEMI's. It was fun to check out the different exhausts and a/v systems of our three vehicles.

And, I was impressed. The service was excellent. It was surprisingly relaxed for a Memorial Day weekend lunch, so we had plenty of time to chat with our lovely assortment of attractive waitresses. I've only been there once before, and last time it sucked.

Looking forward to visiting Azusa, San Gabriel OHV park together in the next month or so. Lots of rocks, but otherwise, a mild off road park.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ditto x2.

Even with the previous night's Anaheim Hooters visit.... I appreciated the great service at this Hooter establishment in Costa Mesa. :) And wow... the girls were really into my 9month old daughter.

Thanks again for putting this together. I'm sure there will be more OC/LA Commander owners showing up for the next meet.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RJmoose. We missed you...

See you at the next meet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
SYCOHEMI said:
RJmoose. We missed you...

See you at the next meet.
I am sorry. My plans changed and I was not even in town. I am sorry I missed it. I look forward to the next one.

Thanks for setting up the first one guys!!!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
No sweat. We're thinking of meeting up and going to do some light offroading at San Gabriel Valley OHV park. Let me know if you are interested.

Just a one day trip, drive out there in the morning, have lunch out there, off road for about 3-4 hours total, come back by dinner. Been there a few times, always a lot of fun. Use permit is about $8, a bargain.

From the website:

San Gabriel Canyon OHV Area offers up to 150 acres of diverse off-road opportunities. Water crossings, rocks, dirt roads and sand hills are some of the seasonally challenging experiences you will find. The assortment of physical terrain is unmatched anywhere in this area. Here you can truly enjoy the results of your California OHV funds at work.

Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the area, and all vehicles must meet local, State and Federal laws. Registration and spark arrestors are required, and all ATV riders must wear a helmet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts