Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, its for my wife's 40th birthday.

Limited 4x4
Stone White
Hemi
Nav System
DVD Infotainment System
Tow Group
Saddle Brown Seats
Chrome Wheels

Adding:
Running Boards
Rear Camera
Remote Start
Chrome Fuel Door

Got a GREAT deal plus 0% financing. Dealer said 6 to 8 weeks to delivery.

Thanks for making me feel welcome! :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome to the party. Sounds like you got a good deal. Rear camera should be awesome. Post pics as soon as possible. maximo

·
Registered
57 Posts
The backup camera is supposed to be available from Mopar as of 2-20-06. I may look into getting one for my XK. Good screen size and windshield mounted sounds good to me. I will most likely wait till it is available online for a better price and get the tax break as well.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_rear_camera.htm

JC

·
Registered
57 Posts
JoeTampa said:
I still want it integrated into the Nav radio instead of on the dash.
I prefer to have it integrated into the Nav system too but I don't think I would like the the cost of replacing my Nav System. Now if they can replace the Nav system, or integrate the backup camera for the cost of the windshield mounted backup camera (or at least a reasonable upgrade price) I could be interested.

JC

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've had the mopar camera for the last few weeks. It was already installed but if I were to buy it myself I would try to wait for Nav integration. It is a great option especially in parking lots. I will try to post some pics this week.

·
Registered
128 Posts
you are so lucky!! God i'm jealous!!!! welcome to the site once :D again

·
Registered
57 Posts
ladeefrickenda said:
I've had the mopar camera for the last few weeks. It was already installed but if I were to buy it myself I would try to wait for Nav integration. It is a great option especially in parking lots. I will try to post some pics this week.
Good to hear someone has the Mopar camera installed. I haven't seen one nor know how it installs. Where does the wiring harness connect?, and how does it connect to the windshield?. Also why would you wait for the integrated system, is it so the display would be in the Nav radio, or is it to not have it installed on the windshield?...or both.

Thanks

JC

·
Registered
200 Posts
Both. XKJEEPS.COM had it listed (albiet just after the JC was announced) as part of the nav, maybe it's to come? I'll wait and see.

·
Registered
437 Posts
XKJEEP.com has some blurb on the news page about soon to come info on an all new NAV system. Has anyone heard about that yet?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would wait for nav integration for the screen to be a little bit bigger and so it wouldn't be mounted to the windshield. On one hand having it mounted on windshield shows off what a sweet rig I've got and has sparked a lot of interest from people. On the other hand it has sparked a lot of interest from people. I really hate that you need to hide things so people won't steal or vandalize. It does its job pretty good. I only use it to make sure nothing is behind me. I still use the mirrors 95%. I have a long narrow driveway I have to back down with a retaining wall on one side and neighbors cars on the other. Still can't trust it for backing.

The mount seems to be screwed to the frame and also there is an adhesive which sticks to the window. I does swivel and tilt a little. There is one wire that is barely seen and goes into the unit. I will look more closely and post some pics this week.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Is it on constantly, or only when you are in reverse?

What does it do at night? Does it have night vision, or does it work by reverse lamp light?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's only on in reverse, but you can turn it on in "set-up" mode, although the instructions insruct you NOT to do this while the vehicle is moving.

I'm pretty stoked about this new vehicle. I appreciate all the expertise on this board - you all have helped me make my decision.

I'll post photos as soon as I take delivery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts