Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after tons of advice from the forum through posts and searches I decided on 245/75/17 BFG AT's. I went with this so i could get the biggest tire without needing spacers or a lift (for now). Should have them by the end of next week! Just want to thank you all for the info and help.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Awesome! Please post pic's when you get them mounted. Where did you purchase them and how much did you pay?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I ended up just getting them from discounttirediect.com. I did see them cheaper at some little no-name shops around town, but I wanted the 6 months no interest that discount offered. They were $164 a tire and shipping to me was about $75. Just for comparison, tirerack was $166 a tire, but wanted about $125 to ship and they didn't have them in stock.

Aside from the exhaust, this is the first thing i have really done to the Commander so i'm pretty excited about it. I am a little upset that the stock tires are almost bald at 24,000 miles, but these should last a little better I hope.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I rotate my tires every 6,000 miles and now have over 20,000 on the Commander with little sign of wear. I could easily get another 35,000 out of the tires! However i sort of want them to get bald fast so i have an excause for so KM2's.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm really interested to see how these work out, please post up picks on this so we can figure out if this a viable option. Look forward to seeing them on the jeep.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will try to get pictures when iget the tires on mid next week. I'm also working a side deal to see if i might be able to sneak the rocky road lift into the plan without the wife knowing:p

·
Registered
283 Posts
SDHemi1 said:
I will try to get pictures when iget the tires on mid next week. I'm also working a side deal to see if i might be able to sneak the rocky road lift into the plan without the wife knowing:p
As long as she doesn't read the forum, we'll keep quiet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
so the 245-75-17 will definatly fit the stock commander. I have bfg all terrains on my work trucks and have been wanting them for the jeep. So keep us posted cant wait to see more pics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The bolt that is so long that might come in contct with the tire if airdown. Does anyone kow if we could trim that bolt up or is it that long for a reason.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are on!

Well, no pics yet but got the tires on and they clear the stud, but they do rub in the rear of the wheelwell on the liner. Doesn't seem too bad, but haven't driven it much to see. I don't know if for now i am going to cut the liner or try the heat gun thing to get the little bit of extra clearance. In a few months i will get a lift, and maybe even spacers because the tires are still tucked into the flares pretty well. The tires did add about an inch of clearance over the stockers. Overall, not too shabby!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looking Forward to some pics. Just wondering how your gas mileage changes I am very interested in these tires. Just tring to ride out the stock ones a lil longer before I have to buy them.

·
Registered
807 Posts
SDHemi1 said:
I ended up just getting them from discounttirediect.com. I did see them cheaper at some little no-name shops around town, but I wanted the 6 months no interest that discount offered. They were $164 a tire and shipping to me was about $75. Just for comparison, tirerack was $166 a tire, but wanted about $125 to ship and they didn't have them in stock.

Aside from the exhaust, this is the first thing i have really done to the Commander so i'm pretty excited about it. I am a little upset that the stock tires are almost bald at 24,000 miles, but these should last a little better I hope.
the stock fortura tires are born bald.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts