Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I would like to know, what other vehicle's did you look at before going with the commander? My wife and I looked at Toyota sequioa and Subaru Tribeca. Maximo

·
Registered
170 Posts
We looked at a H3, it pales in comparison as far as ride quality, engine performance and bang for the buck...
We looked at the Explorer cause I'm a Ford guy..its a great vehicle. I love the new upgrades but it is too plain and it does lack the performance of the Hemi. The Commander is a better bang for the buck.
I thought we had decided on the Land Rover LR3..My heart was set on this vehicle but my wife fell in love with the Commander after driving the Commander. Since my wife is the primary driver of this vehicle, it was ultimately up to her. As nice as the LR3 is, I dont regret it at all. The Commander has more power (Hemi) and ir rides better, looks good and is a MUCH better bang for the buck than the LR3.

We looked at more vehicles...Ford Expedition, Nissan Armada, Toyota Sequioa, VW Toureg, Volvo but they didnt even make it to a test drive phase for us.....just too BLAH for our tastes.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nothing. Have a Grand Cherokee now and drove a Commander as a rental car. Two days later, I test drove a Hemi at a dealership. 5 days later I placed an order. Now I'm in Order Purgatory.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I looked at an H3, but after driving the XK with Hemi...no question except to make sure and ask if it had all options. We traded a 2k2 Liberty. So now we have the 2K3 GC Limited (4.7 H.0)and the XK Limited...both loaded. Both are great vehicles. We recently (last October) drove the GC to Guadalajara, Mexico from Seattle and back again...no problems.

We are moving to Oklahoma City in the morning (2-9-06), we will be driving both vehicles, unless I opt to get the braking system (Buddy Brake) and tow the GC with the XK. We installed a towbar on the GC for towing it behind our Motor home (which we sold).

·
Registered
124 Posts
I considered the QX56, AEV Wrangler V8 Rubicon, WK, H2. In the end, I had to have a Jeep and not yet ready to trust AEV. I prefer the XK to the WK for looks alone, so that's what I did.

·
Registered
170 Posts
jessecad said:
We are moving to Oklahoma City in the morning (2-9-06), we will be driving both vehicles, unless I opt to get the braking system (Buddy Brake) and tow the GC with the XK. We installed a towbar on the GC for towing it behind our Motor home (which we sold).
I live here in OKC..lived here all my life. Welcome to OKC! If you have any questions feel free to IM me and I'll help you as much as I can.
This is nice place to live but opposite climate from Washington...LOL

·
Registered
96 Posts
Daytomann said:
I live here in OKC..lived here all my life. Welcome to OKC! If you have any questions feel free to IM me and I'll help you as much as I can.
This is nice place to live but opposite climate from Washington...LOL
I grew up in the OKC area, Yukon and Kingfisher. Where abouts do you live???

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bethany..I use to hunt out there. I spent 3 years in Tulsa at a aroenautical school. Then I spent 4.5 years at Oklahoma State in their Fire Protection and Safety Engineering program while bartending at Eskimo Joe's to pay for school. Old Stan Clark had it figured out with that bar and tee shirt.

Good place OK City. That is where my wife is from and on an occasion we still go back to visit and check the old stomping grounds out.

Enjoy your new surroundings and yes that is as tall as the trees get there.

Bob

·
Registered
57 Posts
We made it to OKC with no problems. I drove the XK ;) and my wife drove the GC:rolleyes: .

I averaged (overall trip) 16.2 mpg. Nice ride, nice power when needed.

I opened some eyes on a couple that was riding in the fast lane while I was in the 'slow' lane. I was going 70 and they were about the same speed (running right beside me). I was quickly gaining on a semi in my lane:eek: ...I stomped on it...I got to 85 in a blink...got around both of them. I like the power when I need it...Of course that isn't too good for MPG...But I didn't buy the XK for gas mileage.

Right now we are staying with our son (Police officer) in the NW part of OKC, but we will probably buy a home in Moore.

JC

·
Registered
170 Posts
Glad you made it! Welcome! Since you have family here, I'm sure you got all the help you need. My wife is from Moore, her parents still live there, so we go to Moore all the time. Have fun and good luck in your new home! If you see a blue limited Commander on the North side or in Moore, be sure to honk and give us a wave..LOL

rwall.... I love Stillwater, I've had some great times up there (college years). Yeah, Eskimo Joes was a great idea. We still stop in there for lunch every once in awhile when we pass through Stillwater on motorcycle rides.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yep, "Joe's" is a great place! I, however, was a big fan of Tumbleweeds! Anyone remember that place???

·
Registered
57 Posts
Daytomann said:
Glad you made it! Welcome! Since you have family here, I'm sure you got all the help you need. My wife is from Moore, her parents still live there, so we go to Moore all the time. Have fun and good luck in your new home! If you see a blue limited Commander on the North side or in Moore, be sure to honk and give us a wave..LOL
Thanks for the offer to help familiarize me with OKC, but we will do pretty good with our Son's help. We are already getting used to the area (thanks to my Nav System in the XK). But is there any way you could help getting me used to this WEATHER!...:) . One day it's 70 degrees and next day it's snowing and 14 degrees. Big change from Seattle weather.

I will keep my eyes open for a blue XK in the city and in Moore.

I took mine in for 3000 mile oil change (at 3900 mile due to the trip) and as I was leaving Bob Moore Jeep a red XK drove in to get service. A lady was driving I just waved as I drove off.

I still have the Thule cargo box on mine if you see a Light Khaki XK with a Thule box on top...it's probably me.

JC

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's Oklahoma weather, nothing you can do about it! You might want to invest in a tornado proof garaging unit for your JC! Twisters in OK are wicked...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Tumbleweeds...Been there and enjoyed that. Use to go to the calf fry every summer that they put on.

If you don't like the weather in OK, just wait a minute and it will change. OK's weather is crazy. Almost as crazy as the twisters. Hope you do not get to enjoy one of those and if you do, I hope it is from a distance.

Bob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts