Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone's used the AUX jack on thier radios from other audio sources than an iPod?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Just curious if anyone's used the AUX jack on thier radios from other audio sources than an iPod?
I use it for my Creative Zen Vision:M MP3 plaver.

All Ipod's are mp3 players but not all mp3 players are Ipods. :stickpoke:

What confuses me is that the AUX is only available on the base radio. On the radios with the 6 disc changer there is no aux input.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
No iPod.... I plug my phone into it (Samsung Juke, with MP3 player).
Where did you get a cord to adapt from the Juke to the AUX? I have looked all over and none of them fit in the phone.

On the main topic, I have my Sat. Radio plugged directly into the AUX it makes the sound much better than using the FM transmitter and setting the radio to a station.

·
Registered
527 Posts
We use the aux jack for the audio of our portable DVD player. Even thought the driver cant see the movie, the sound over the system is cool.

You can get one of the chords from Radio Shack, or a big car audio shop/retailer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What confuses me is that the AUX is only available on the base radio. On the radios with the 6 disc changer there is no aux input.
Yeah I wonder that too :icon_confused:

Looks like that was corrected that for 08+ and all of them now have the AUX jack

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah I wonder that too :icon_confused:

Looks like that was corrected that for 08+ and all of them now have the AUX jack
with the VES from the factory you get RCA inpts on the DVD player, using the aux power socket an inverter my little monster of a daughter gets the playstation working on the little screen.

I think she might end up as an engineer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can anyone direct me to where I can get the cord to connect my iPod to the AUX? Also anyone out there connecting their Blackberry Bold to the MyGig? Any advice on that connection or about the pairing?
Picking up my Commander on Tuesday and I can't wait! You bet that pics will be coming.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts